No more excuses - It is time to get serious

Options

Comments

• Mahsroh
    Mahsroh Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    laurag89 wrote: »
    £143 paid to very today so that is officially now paid off. Im going to close it down!

Woohoo! Happy days!!
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mahsroh wrote: »
    Woohoo! Happy days!!

Thank you Mahsroh I feel so much more positive about the whole situation now.
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Hun you’re doing great! I got married last year and I know how hard it is to save when you’re in debt! We budgeted £12,000 which was wedding and honeymoon and I’m pleased that we were right in budget. Having a budget helped me so I didn’t buy silly things! I made my own sweetie buffet, made my own table plan etc etc and I love all my wee touches :-)
    The £6000 you need to save is that just you that needs to save that or is that between you and your hubby to be? Personally I’d just put the £2000 into wedding account if not even put £1500 to wedding account and the other £500 to one of your debts. Xx
  • laurag89
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Hey Hun you’re doing great! I got married last year and I know how hard it is to save when you’re in debt! We budgeted £12,000 which was wedding and honeymoon and I’m pleased that we were right in budget. Having a budget helped me so I didn’t buy silly things! I made my own sweetie buffet, made my own table plan etc etc and I love all my wee touches :-)
    The £6000 you need to save is that just you that needs to save that or is that between you and your hubby to be? Personally I’d just put the £2000 into wedding account if not even put £1500 to wedding account and the other £500 to one of your debts. Xx

Wow that was brilliant to come within budget for both wedding and honeymoon.

£6000 is just Me, and hubby to be is saving the same. I think we will have money left over because i am doing similar to you and doing the sweet cart, and table plan myself.

I put the £2000 in to wedding in the end, because i dont want to get to a point next year when balances are due that i have to add to debt.

I am going to update my signature later and include wedding Savings etc to see how well im doing - hope that will keep me motivated.
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

• Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the £6000 is just you then I would definitely have done the same and put the £2000 to the wedding because you!!!8217;re going to have to put the money away at some point! eBay, amazon and Etsy were my best friends when I was getting married! Make sure and have TopCashback so you can get cashback when you use eBay etc!
    Happy wedding planning! Xx
  • laurag89
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    If the £6000 is just you then I would definitely have done the same and put the £2000 to the wedding because you!!!8217;re going to have to put the money away at some point! eBay, amazon and Etsy were my best friends when I was getting married! Make sure and have TopCashback so you can get cashback when you use eBay etc!
    Happy wedding planning! Xx

Im glad you agree, im always worried at bonus time if i am putting it to the right place. But the wedding savings were worrying me, but now I feel a bit calmer.

So true, i have got a lot from ebay like the plastic jars for the sweets and the sweet bags etc. I bought all my table decorations second hand, so paid £250 total for it all :) I'm trying to be good where I can!

• laurag89
    Options
    So with very now paid off and closed woohoo, it's time to set my next challenge.

Instead of going for the next smallest I am going to the largest credit card, not as large as my loan but my loan is on a good rate anyway and im already paying £277 a month to it.

So here it goes:

Lloyds credit card - £3235.84 ouch. The minimum payment is £32 a month at the moment and i think i can pay £200 a month to it - so 13 months and this will be paid off.

But my plan of course is to pay it off quicker than that by doing surveys and selling things so the challenge is now on

• laurag89
    Options
    I have only just realised that it's the 1st feb which means my payment of £277 went to my loan which means it's now under £10,000 i know its still a lot but I'm so happy.

• laurag89
    Options
    I have put some brand new shoes I have never worn on eBay for £15 :) if they sell I will put the money to the credit card.

Planning a NSD today i have brought food from home and im staying clear of the vending machine!

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm doing the under £10K happy dance for you! Every milestone, no matter how slight is all a step in the right directionxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure