We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Keep Moving Challenge for 2018

12467…35

Comments

  • alba7
    alba7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts PPI Party Pooper
    Epic fail here - late night last night of course, then lunch out, then a longish drive home. Dark and raining by the time we got home. Only option now is to run up and down the stairs a lot.

    Trailingspouse, that's what I did to get to 4 miles!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Feeling a bit lethargic after New Year celebrations and a 2 0 clock bed time :eek:

    Will make an effort to get out for a walk later and this is also day one of my dry January.

    Ive done it the last two years so know I can do it. Wondering whether to carry it on a little longer this year or to just really cut down on the wine I drink in the house.

    It would be easy if it was just me but my OH likes a drink and of course constantly offers me one too and I do enjoy the odd glass of nice wine! ;)

    I am doing dry Jan aswell
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Evening all.

    Last year I completed 2000 miles, I would like to achieve 3000 this year.

    The Elite challenge has commenced!
    juju17 wrote: »
    I would like to join you. I am going to aim for least 10,000 steps every day....and 2018 miles in the year. :j

    Well done juju x
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    6 miles for me today, feeling a little sore head after last night, so had to go out for fresh air.

    7.38 went out for another little walk

    I am on 23,000 steps...... I walked the dog again at 4 and she did not go to loo... so need to go out again..... I am banking anything over 20,000 to help with manic work days! x
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    I am doing dry Jan aswell

    No way, I have enough flipping challenges ahead this year!
    10
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    oooo good challenge. i like to average over 14,000 steps daily . might try for nearer 20,000 on days work is later in day . Aim is weight loss really . I'm the lightest ive been in years but would like to loose another 2-3.5 stone .today was 3.9 miles - 8,558 steps which is a very low day
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    oooo good challenge. i like to average over 14,000 steps daily . might try for nearer 20,000 on days work is later in day . Aim is weight loss really . I'm the lightest ive been in years but would like to loose another 2-3.5 stone .today was 3.9 miles - 8,558 steps which is a very low day

    My focus is weight loss and trying to get healthy, I am 3 stone down and need another stone by mid March to be able to fit into my smaller holiday clothes... I am too tight to buy new! :D:D:D:D

    Sarah and me are doing a 20,000 step challenge - you are welcome to join in with us!
    10
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Great to still see people joining in :T

    For those that are trying to lose some weight as well, remember to eat just a little bit less and that combined with the extra walking will make all the difference.
    I have lost 30kg since I started walking seriously and recording my mileage.

    First recording for this year is 10.22 miles on what was a very wet morning and afternoon then turning so cold and icy this evening that I cut my last walk short :o
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Managed my 10,000 steps...(just!, ran around the lounge a few times :)
    but did not even do 5 miles, due to it raining nearly all day. Will be a better day tomorrow as Tuesdays I walk with some other ladies, so hopefully around 8 miles or so.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    juju17 wrote: »
    Managed my 10,000 steps...(just!, ran around the lounge a few times :)
    but did not even do 5 miles, due to it raining nearly all day. Will be a better day tomorrow as Tuesdays I walk with some other ladies, so hopefully around 8 miles or so.

    8 miles is fabulous - I was exhausted after doing it this morning.... I can only dream of doing 10 miles!

    After walking the dog I'm at 27,000 steps well I will be when I have got my bottom upstairs and climbed into the shower!

    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    10
  • mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    A slow start for me today .
    £2 savers club 2025 #4
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    A slow start for me today .

    It is new years day... tomorrow is another day.

    Just being nosey but what are you going to do to achieve your signature aims?
    10
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.