Amazon Credit Builder Card

Options

Comments

• A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea how long until newday review credit limits as £700 isn't really very useful!
  • MoneySaver123
    Options
    My Marbles card was upped only about 9 months after I got it I think...but it may be sooner on their different brands.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Depends on card utilisation, other debts and other credit utilisations etc
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Highest credit card limit is £2,050 with Lloyds Bank but that's more than enough for me to be honest.

Had set up alerts and although the transaction is still pending I got an email from New Day within minutes of using my card for the first time Sunday morning.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    My amazon card came with a 500 limit...

Pretty low really, but after 12 months it can be upgraded to a platinum card.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    My amazon card came with a 500 limit...

Pretty low really, but after 12 months it can be upgraded to a platinum card.

Newday do seem very tight with their limits, their not going to make much off low limits.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »
    Newday do seem very tight with their limits, their not going to make much off low limits.

True.

Already have a 20 voucher from them and 3 months with no interest.

Even if the limit was 5k then they won’t make much from me
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »

it's a credit builder card, there's a reason people are getting them and it's not because they have shown to be a good credit risk in the past, they have either had past problems or they have a sparse file, would you lend £500 to someone who has previously not paid it back or who hasn't shown they can manage debts yet.
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    I got an Amazon Platinum with a limit of £500.
    Not a big deal, as I pay it off in full each month. And it's unlikely I'll make a purchase that large on Amazon.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    tastyhog wrote: »
    it's a credit builder card, there's a reason people are getting them and it's not because they have shown to be a good credit risk in the past, they have either had past problems or they have a sparse file, would you lend £500 to someone who has previously not paid it back or who hasn't shown they can manage debts yet.

Yup that’s me.....not proud of my credit past but things more on..

Lesson learnt and this time all will be good
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport