NEW BLOG. Featuring tips and pics from pet owners of the MSE Forum, we present to you Homemade pet toy ideas. Take a look
January | Penny Pincher Challenge
in Debt-free wannabe challenges
121 replies 15.2K views
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides
Energy Price Cap change
Martin Lewis on what it means for youMSE News
Best £1 you've ever spent?
Share your most impressive bargainsMSE Forum
New MSE Forum avatars available
Try 'em out nowMSE Forum
Checked the bank - 1pt
had a no spend day - 1pt
Fiancee ordered in for us... was unexpected but "his treat and 1 more present for you" he said
I wrote the tasks in my planner so i xan be more accountable. Im setting my planner so it's ready to use in jan
1. Save change 10p & under
2. Clear loft & Ebay contents
3. Look for free parking wherever possible
4. Take lunch to work everyday
5. Not buying clothes etc
6. Use up leftovers
7. Meal plan
8. Check bank frequently
9. Batch cook
10. Use up freezer contents
11. Use up cupboards contents
12. Not buying toiletries
13. Don’t throw out food
14. Limit takeouts to 1 per fortnight
15. No Costa coffees
1. 5 no spend days
2. 5 no car days
3. Do the penny challenge
4. Declutter 3 things a day challenge (selling stuff when poss)
5. Earn at least £10 on surveys
6. Make at least £10 selling on FB
7. Batch cooking each week
8. Always make lunch for myself and OH on work days
9. Check bank balance daily
10. Don't buy any carrier bags
11. Do one big weekly shop by myself
12. Do a food plan each week
13. Use Co-op points for top ups
14. Use Boots points for cosmetics
15. Keep cost of my twins birthday party to under £100
Looking forward to taking part 😊
I'd like to join from January please. My list is:
1. Save £2 coins
2. Save 20p coins
3. Have at least 3 no spend days a month
4. Always have shopping bags in the car so I don't buy any more
5. Always use loyalty cards when shopping
6. Use cash back sites when shopping online
7. Keep a spending diary
8. Cancel unwanted subscriptions
9. Take lunch to work
10. Join and use receipt hog
11. Check bank a count everyday
12. On payday, transfer balance to pay debts, once paid off transfer to savings
13. Take part in £10 per week luxury challenge
14. Take part in 2018 1 percent challenge
15. Take water bottle to work
16. Do small money saving things each week
17. Take part in 5p savers challenge
18. No more buying books until I have read the ones I have.
My 15 are
1. Catch free bus to work on days I work at my main base.
2. Take bags shopping.
3. Take packed lunch to work .
4. Drink water at work.
5. Plan meals to include using up leftovers.
6. Complete my expenses.
7. Check banking.
8. Use loyalty cards.
9. Save all £2 coins.
10. EBay at least 4 items.
11. Not buy clothes
12. Not buy toiletries.
13. Check and do 2 survey sites a day.
14. Check cheapest petrol prices before filling car up.
15. Clean car and take books in boot to charity shop.
1 Complete Tax Return - Own
2 Complete Tax Return - Business
3 Write out Menu Plan for Month (rolling four week)
4 Netball each week
5 Dancing class each week
6 Art class each week
7 Sauna/swim gym each week
8 Meditation each day
9 Save £10.00 a day challenge (long term savings)
10 Plan food to eat in advance - Night Before
11 Plan money to spend in advance - Night Before
12 Plan work to do in advance - Night Before
13 30 minute timed declutter each day
14 Wash on and out each day
15 Swallow a frog - one thing I really don't want to do - each day
I need to re-think but am aiming for 10 money saving goals and 5 general life ones.
1) limit drink spend at work to £3 day for breakfast/dinner/drinks
2) stay off internet shopping sites
3) check bank balance - round down and transfer to savings
4) update spending diary
5) Limit takeaways to once a fortnight
6) re-use shopping bags
7) Walk instead of drive
8) loose change/50ps in sealed pot
9) eat something from freezer/cupboards that needs using up
10) £10 per week luxury challenge
11) 15 minute timed de-clutter/tidy everyday
12) 3 things de-clutted every day (bin/charity shop/ebay)
13) get clothes etc ready night before, b4 7pm so if any issues there is time to sort
14) laundry in machine b4 8pm so I don't have to stay up waiting for the machine to finish
15) wash up before going to bed
We could do 10 money saving ones & 5 home ones if you'd like?
I changed my list too slightly as I found some weren't applicable to me anymore.
Welcome to all of our new members! It's so lovely to have you.
How has your week been going?
I'm starting from 0, i had to use my savings
No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
January NSDs - 3/15