IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Difference between on site and parking

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If ParkingEye are supposedly managing this site
    Have you put this to the site owner?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Squawky
    Squawky Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Have you put this to the site owner?

I should change that to "managing the parking"

I've found the property management company that manages the site as a whole and have emailed them as well.

Detailing non adherence to BPA code of practice and parking outside of bays making it difficult to exit safely.

No reply from them as yet but I only sent it on the 27th, took me a while to find out who manages the site.

No idea who actually owns it, or who actually has the contract with PE.
  • Squawky
    Options
    Well, despite 2 retailers requesting cancellation, and with a reminder, the PCN is still open on the website.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of the year and bank holidays have eaten into the 28 days from the rejection of the appeal.

Without weekends and bank holidays it's 7 days from the first request to cancel, actually 17 days.

But I assume the 28 days does not take into account weekends or bank holidays, so the POPLA appeal has to go in by the end of this week.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't miss the deadline for the poplA appeal!
  • Squawky
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Don't miss the deadline for the poplA appeal!

Oh, I will definitely make sure that goes in a few days early.

What happens if I action the POPLA appeal then PE closes the PCN a few days later?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Once you get confirmation from the PPC they cancelled the matter is closed
  • Squawky
    edited 8 January 2018 at 4:30AM
    Options
    Would it be OK to amend the paragraph in the grace period to include time actually parked?

It is very clear from the evidence that ParkingEye have failed to uphold the minimum grace periods set out in the BPA Code of Practice, as the total time in the carpark exceeded the paid period by only 11 minutes, 7 minutes prior to parking, 2 hours 54 minutes parked, and 10 minutes after the parking period had ended.
  • Squawky
    Options
    Also, can I add this at the end of signage?

The wording on the signage itself is duplicitous, it states “3 hour max stay” without stating either what max stay means in “the Parking Contract” or how long it is, but does state “Parking limited to 3 hours (no return within 2 hours). The Oxford English Dictionary gives the definition of “parking” as “the act of stopping a vehicle at a place and leaving it there for a period of time”. If the time is taken from entering the carpark to exiting the carpark the signage should clearly state this fact as in “Time on site from entering the carpark to exiting limited to 3 hours (no return within 2 hours). Users of this carpark would naturally assume that the 3 hours would start from when parked, not from when entering the site. Similarly, the time would stop when exiting the parking bay, not the carpark. If this carpark were ticketed that is exactly what “3 hours max stay” would mean, and drivers should not be penalised just because an ANPR system is being used over that of a ticketed system.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also, can I add this at the end of signage?
    You can if you wish.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Squawky
    Options
    Just starting the POPLA appeal.

As I was within the grace period should I choose option 2 under "You did not overstay the free parking allowed in the car park."?

Or just go to next?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport