IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Difference between on site and parking

Options

Comments

• Squawky
    Squawky Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Is this now resolved, or are you still awaiting a response from PE?

If you had the stores confirmation in writing that they were asking PE to cancel, hang on to it. If you haven’t got it in writing, email the store, thank them for intervening and ask if they wouldn’t mind confirming your understanding that they have asked PE to cancel, via a quick email return.

It's all been done by email so I have a record of everything.

The store said I will hear nothing more from PE, which kind of leaves it open ended as I would like something from PE saying the charge had been dropped, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Just like to say thank you again to everyone here for their advice and help, it's very much appreciated.
  • Squawky
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    <snip>PE should not be issuing tickets like this when they know full well the grace periods’ allowance has not been breached. We would like you, after gaining your cancellation, to make a formal complaint to the BPA and DVLA - all in due course. <snip>
    :xmassign:

I still want to do this, as I do not expect I will be getting a cancellation notice when do you suggest I do?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Emails:

ParkingEye:

info@parkingeye.co.uk

BPA - please ask Steve Clark to specifically explain what happened to the decided and agreed change of the BPA Grace Period on leaving a car park, to 11 minutes, which was in the public domain in 2015 in the minutes of a Governance meeting of the Professional Development & Standards Board (see second link):

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73176025#post73176025

DVLA - copy in:

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Squawky
    edited 22 December 2017 at 4:19PM
    Options
    Just got in to find another letter from PE, and this is the rejection of my first appeal back in November, along with the POPLA ref number.

And the nice people at PA have as a gesture of goodwill given me another 14 days at the discounted rate.......

Go figure.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    They always do, because they know lots of people are scared stupid, or so busy at Christmas that it's easier to pay, if the person is a numpty.
  • Squawky
    Options
    So, do I now raise an appeal with POPLA?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Squawky wrote: »
    So, do I now raise an appeal with POPLA?

This may be a case of the letter crossing in the post. PE are generally ok at confirming in writing that a charge has been cancelled (7-10 days after cancellation), so maybe that’s on its way.

You have 28 days to appeal to POPLA (never miss that deadline, especially with a PE case) so you have time to wait a little while to see if the cancellation letter turns up.

You could check immediately as to the status of the charge by checking the PE website and logging on as if to pay using the required reference numbers. It may show that it is already cancelled. Try it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Squawky
    Options
    Still up on their website as £54 outstanding, but I'll keep on checking next week.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I can't understand how PE sent a new PCN with an 'issue date' ahead of time by a month?

Please answer the above, explain more. They can't send a PCN with a date issued ahead of time. Is this the same PCN number xxxxxx/xxxxxxx (exactly the same?).
    Just got in to find another letter from PE, and this is the rejection of my first appeal back in November, along with the POPLA ref number. So, do I now raise an appeal with POPLA?

Yes, of course, but you have 28 days.

I did tell you yesterday what to do next/first.
  • Squawky
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Please answer the above, explain more. They can't send a PCN with a date issued ahead of time. Is this the same PCN number xxxxxx/xxxxxxx (exactly the same?).

Yes, of course, but you have 28 days.

I did tell you yesterday what to do next/first.

It's exactly the same ref number, ones mid november and they rejected my appeal, the rejection arrived a day after the second PCN with the same number but with issue date mid December.

Just realised I got confused as the date early January was the discounted payment date with final date of mid January.

Still got 2 PCN's issued one month apart though.

I'll wait until after the new year to send POPLA appeal as it should be cancelled by then due the store requesting cancellation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure