Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So to do list for today
    - sort out top landing including top of chest of drawers not done, eldest didn't get up this morning and I couldn't leave the youngest two downstairs. This will have to go on another list!
    - put curry in slow cooker done this morning before going to rugby
    - put washing on if I can find a load done this evening
    - dry washing dried washing put on last night
    - put clothes away mine and dd2's put away.
    I need to sort out youngest's clothes for ones that are too small before putting others away

- make lunch for when we are at rugby done
    - take rubbish to tip on way to rugby done
    - take eldest to rugby match, meet ex and other kids there done
    - iron school clothes done
    - make sure kids have bath done
    - plan the week ahead including adding in some decluttering jobs that will be this evening's job now that all kids are in bed
    - list items for sale on FB done one thing,
    still got some more to do tonight
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January 2018 at 10:31PM
    Options
    In addition to all that I also baked some cakes this morning and made some jelly. I was forced to stay downstairs and as that was relatively tidy, there wasn't much else I could do.

So tomorrow is a new week and as I had £20 left in my spending account, I have paid that to my target debt. This would have been more but I had to pay a deposit on the prom dress and I got a McDonald's after prom dress shopping. So a £20 left over is amazing.

I have adjusted my spreadsheet last night and have added loads of tabs for each month. I have a plan for each month which is my ideal. Then I have an actual spending tab for my spending account, and other tabs for tracking my debts. Although I have been using ynab, that costs money and I am good enough with spreadsheets to make them work for me.

My to do list for tomorrow is as follows:
    - sort out dd4 clothes (she has grown out of a few and I need to make space for her new ones)
    - sort out top of chest of drawers on top landing
    - sort out stuff on top of landing in front of loft doors
    - update signature on here
    - update spreadsheet after money comes in tomorrow
    - put away online shopping
    - clean downstairs
    - put picture up in my room
    - phone cash 4 clothes to find out if they can collect
    - sort out toys in girls room
    - look on pph for jobs
    - sort out bottom two drawers in garage

That should keep me busy tomorrow in addition to the normal housework, washing, school runs etc
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    - sort out stuff on top of landing in front of lift doors

You have a lift in your house??? I'm seriously impressed. (And very jealous. I could do with a lift from our ground floor into the cellar so hubby didn't have to keep all his flight cases in the dining room.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    I wish I had a lift as I have a town house with three floors. That was supposed to say loft doors. My tablet keeps autocorrecting to random things!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I wish I had a lift as I have a town house with three floors. That was supposed to say loft doors. My tablet keeps autocorrecting to random things!

That makes more sense, but that's not to say I'm not a little disappointed.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Your doing great!
    I was a bit sad about prom, i know it can cost quiet a bit, especially when they want cars and things, but DD1 refused to go. None of her friends were going (most of them went in the end any way) and she didn't want to do the list of conditions to go. I had been looking forward to all the dress shopping.
    Don't think DS1 will go next year either, he isn't very 'social'.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    I think the only thing I have to pay for the prom is the prom itself and the dress. She has shoes which will hopefully go with the dress, she doesn’t wear jewellery so don’t need any of that, she said she will pay for her hair and makeup and her friend’s relative is taking them in her Range Rover. I think I have done quite well to only pay for the dead.

That’s really sad that your daughter didn’t want to go. But if her friends weren’t going then she probably wouldn’t have enjoyed herself. You never know, your son might surprise you and say he wants to go next year.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So halfway through January and wanted to update my January goals list

January 2018 Goals
    Pay off debt - £235.29/£2200 (biggest amount will be when ppi payment clears off one of my debts)
    Lose six pounds in weight - 3/6 (doing well so far, just need to keep going)
    Make an extra £100 by the end of the month - £88.05/£100 (got a couple of potential FB sales today as well which would be at least £15)
    Manage 15 NSD - 1/15 (this isn't doing too well as I always seem to need to spend in something like bread, milk)

So the targets are going well. The debt one will reduce by lots this week hopefully.

In addition I have the following balances
    Shoppix 1440/3200 tokens (payout at 3200 for an Amazon voucher
    Shopprize 3108/10000 coins (payout at 10000 but not sure what for lol)
    Prolific academic £0.20 with £2.45 pending, just cashed out £7.75
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    AMAZING!!! What an inspiration xx
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • mumtoomany
    mumtoomany Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, the payout for Shopprize is a £5 Amazon voucher for 10000 points. You might do better waiting until you have £20 with Prolific, no charges then if you cash out via circle. Keep up the good work, M2m.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2023.
    Trying to live on only £2640 for the year for most meals for seven people. Now only feeding, mostly, two. New total £1860.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414174/im-back-trying-to-spend-less-on-food#latest
    Spent in 2023: £1846.53/£1860. Now on £96.08 for 2024
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure