Options

Comments

• Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January 2018 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Tanya12345 wrote: »
    Morning all from a wild Am also keeping a book of every penny spent, in an effort to see where the money is actually going.

Im doing exactly the same thing, it really makes you see where the money mostly goes , Good and bad news today , My LOVELY 88 year old Dad has been battling prostate cancer for years ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and so far hes fine , hes not ill or anything , , but from test results received today it looks like the cancer could be on the move , sooooo the good news is , my frugal days are paying off , and ive managed with help from others,,,,,,, as ive had some people pay for things I expected to pay for etc , ive put a massive £50.13p ( The 13p's add up ) into my tin to pay for the hotel in the summer , but now , depends on what happens to Dad if I go ,,,,,BUT we never think negative ,,,,,only the positives ,

Cant remember who said on here they needed a new ironing board cover, if you pm me your address ive got a new one I haven't used that you are welcome to , I don't need it ,
  • Tanya12345
    Options
    Thanks Moll, T'was me re ironing board cover - as soon as I can work out the pm I will. Every penny is precious - just try paying for something 1 or 2 p short !! Love n hugs to you and your Dad, I miss mine every day. Family and friends are the most important things in our short time here. X
    Journey on the Frugal Wagon to Self Reliance.
    Making money work for me, not the other way round
  • Moll
    Options
    Tanya12345 wrote: »
    Thanks Moll, T'was me re ironing board cover - as soon as I can work out the pm I will. Every penny is precious - just try paying for something 1 or 2 p short !! Love n hugs to you and your Dad, I miss mine every day. Family and friends are the most important things in our short time here. X

sent you a pm . at the top of the page
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, its been a frugal day as I haven't been out at all, so eaten out of cupboards etc. Still not feeling too good but I'm keeping warm, taking the pills and feel a whole lot better than the beginning of the week.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Bebelles_2
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I’d like to join in if possible?
    I’ve Done a budget to the best of my ability and been tracking spending daily now since November to get a rough idea of where my money is going.
    Only problem I have is I’ve has to buy a car this month as I’ve got a new job so not sure how much I’ll be spending on petrol etc going forward.
    Paid for the insurance and tax all in one go so don’t have to worry about those but need to pay money of a 0% transfer used to buy the car and have some other debt I’d like to clear.
    Goals
    1) keep track of daily spending
    2) after a couple of months in new job clarify budget when I have a better idea of travel costs/mileage
    3) set myself a no buying toiletries/clothing in January which I’ve stuck too and will try and continue for as long as possible
    4) attempt to be more frugle!!
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    I've been doing this, and it is lovely, especially with a dollop of yogurt on top. Stewed rhubarb works well, too :)

Stewed or fresh anything available at the time seems to work well, I cook porridge with water & salt (Scottish style) and if I have honey, a teaspoon of that is nice drizzled over the top, too.

I stewed enough apples to make a crumble, so that's pudding sorted for the next couple of days. Thick ham & lentil soup defrosting, so that will water down and d me for the next 2 or 3 days and I have one last portion of sausages and stuffing (frozen leftovers from Chrismas) that I will use up tonight, along with the last potato.
    Bebelles wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I’d like to join in if possible?

Everything is possible in frugaldom - welcome to the challenge. :) Congratulations on the new job and new car - I hope both go well and help you along your path to financial freedom. :)

It is freezing here and we've had thunder snow and hail for the past 3 nights. We've also had plenty of rain, so the snow isn't lying much here but what is, froze overnight. Car hasn't moved in 3 days and I have been walking the mile to and from Frugaldom to atend to ponies and poultry. The hens, fortunately, are laying so that means a 'free' food supply for as long as I can sell the surplus. If I don't have soup at lunchtimes, I can make pancakes or omlettes. :) Breadmaking is next on the list of food prepping.

Does anyone know if the thread for offering moneysavers extra discounts is still live? I posted on it last night to ask but it looks like there have been no offers on there since 2016! :(
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • never_too_old
    Options
    afternoon all does anyone know the name of the website that you can put what food you have in and it gives you recipes?
    tia:D
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2018 at 5:01PM
    Options
    afternoon all does anyone know the name of the website that you can put what food you have in and it gives you recipes?
    tia:D

You're possibly thinking of https://www.supercook.com or https://www.myfridgefood.com/ but I'm sure there are several others available. Allrecipes site also has a section for searching by ingredients. :) Or you could try listing them in here and see if anyone comes up with something. :)

Still no further spends here, still doing cupboard, fridge and freezer foraging for all my meals. I've stewed more apples, made a small crumble and have a sorry looking loaf in the breadmaker to use up some past BBE dried yeast. At worst the loaf will do for dipping in soup! Tonight I'll use the last of the cooked sausages & stuffing balls with the las potato and sme beans - same again for dinner as the past 2 nights, minus the beans. :rotfl:

Still windy with rain, hail, sleet and snow here but I did manage to get the car out and drive to Frugaldom, so I didn't get soaked. :j Only 4 eggs today but it's enough.

I have 2 opened jars of smooth peanut butter to use up, which I don't like, so I'm going to use it in place of butter in some biscuit making. Can but try - even the worst tasting biscuits get eaten in this household! :rotfl:
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • never_too_old
    Options
    Frugaldom wrote: »
    You're possibly thinking of https://www.supercook.com or https://www.myfridgefood.com/ but I'm sure there are several others available. Allrecipes site also has a section for searching by ingredients. :) Or you could try listing them in here and see if anyone comes up with something. :)

Still no further spends here, still doing cupboard, fridge and freezer foraging for all my meals. I've stewed more apples, made a small crumble and have a sorry looking loaf in the breadmaker to use up some past BBE dried yeast. At worst the loaf will do for dipping in soup! Tonight I'll use the last of the cooked sausages & stuffing balls with the las potato and sme beans - same again for dinner as the past 2 nights, minus the beans. :rotfl:

Still windy with rain, hail, sleet and snow here but I did manage to get the car out and drive to Frugaldom, so I didn't get soaked. :j Only 4 eggs today but it's enough.

I have 2 opened jars of smooth peanut butter to use up, which I don't like, so I'm going to use it in place of butter in some biscuit making. Can but try - even the worst tasting biscuits get eaten in this household! :rotfl:

Thank you
    I have 2 small gammon steaks to use but my oh has now decided he doesn't like just cooked steaks( like with poached eggs)
    Just wondering if anyone has an innovative way to healthily use them .
    Tia:D
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Moll
    Options

this is a good one
    https://lifehacker.com/5446772/cooking-by-numbers-helps-you-make-a-meal-with-whatevers-in-the-fridge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure