What happens if you want to quit uni 3 weeks in?

Options
124»

Comments

• Amalea
    Amalea Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    I had a terrible experience at my first uni doing Broadcast Media-I left after just six weeks. I had quite a few things all compound to make me leave. I only got on with one of the flatmates, things went missing from the kitchen so had to hide food in my room, the shower system would go from scalding hot to ice cold within the space of 30 secs (try washing long hair in that!), the uni course was a joke-all we did was watch episodes of Friends or Bottom, and I lost over a stone in weight in the six weeks from stress. I even tried moving home for couple of weeks to see if it was just the accommodation but that just didn't help-the commute was just too long.
    But I have never ever regretted leaving! I'm now in my final year at a different uni doing a computing course and I love it. Don't think it is too late to go back later, I had already taken a year out from education before the first uni and you'd be surprised how many students took upto 2 years out before uni!

Finances wise it was much better leaving as I worked full time and earned enough money to be able to avoid part time work in the first year for second uni-so I could focus on my course. I repaid the student loan that I had taken out for the first uni before I applied for the second uni and have never had a problem getting a student loan for my second uni. I did lose some from the accommodation costs etc but I could not go on like that.

To cut it short-do not be afraid to leave, but make sure it is the right decision first! I totally changed my career/life direction and am so much happier for it. Hope that helps!
    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family