Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Will they go to court or not? - Page 20

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Will they go to court or not?

edited 10 December 2017 at 12:44AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
257 replies 15.9K views

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    89.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's an email reply to an email, no need to sign it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    30.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoaM wrote: »
    @post #178 ... it's a long thread ... have you already acknowledged being the driver? If not then your point a) gives the game away.
    Oh, Lordy!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 21 March 2018 at 4:25PM
    rizla01rizla01 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 March 2018 at 4:25PM
    Anyone?
    Its been over a month since I sent off that last letter and have not had a reply.
    Are they likely waiting for a court date to be set and are they likely to respond then or what?

Its my guess that they are waiting for me to break but actually I am quite looking forward to the challenge and reckon the judge will be rather annoyed that they have let this go all the way, if they do.

What is their norm procedure having replied within a week to my first letter?
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    89.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Remind us, is this allocated to your local court yet?

If so, ring them and ask if the Claimant has discontinued or have they paid the hearing fee, have you missed any court letter or is there just a delay?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rizla01rizla01 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi CM.
    Yes it has been allocated to my local court but no date has been set as yet
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    10.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was it allocated to your local court/ That doesnt take too long usually, to get a hearing date sent. Could be worth giving them a call to make sure post hasnt gone missing.

As for the letter you sent, good chance that is on the "too difficult to anser" pile. Of course, when you write your WS - you could do that now! - you will reference that you continued to attempt to resolve the dispute, and corrected them on their numerous misunderstandings of their own associations CoP, yet received no response. This is contrary to their requirements to attempt to reoslve the dispute without taking up courts time.
  • edited 22 March 2018 at 10:29AM
    rizla01rizla01 Forumite
    7.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2018 at 10:29AM
    Thanks for the reply Nos.
    Case was allocated to court a couple of mths back but perhaps there are a lot of cases to be heard.

Great suggestion re the WS, although they did reply to the first letter sent, offering £60 settlement and I again told them I that I dont intend paying as there is no case to answer Etc.

Would they not have come back on that normally?

Might they be waiting on a court date before replying?
  • Loadsofchildren123Loadsofchildren123 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send it to them again with a chaser. Point out that their failure to engage will be relied upon when it comes to costs.

But first of all, chase the court up as well, normally when it's been transferred you very quickly receive an order confirming the allocation to small track, a date for a final hearing and setting out the timetable for exchange of evidence etc. If you haven't received anything, how do you know it's been transferred?
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEs, there might be a lot - bu tthere may not be. Hence why you need to call the court
    Now

You dont want to find out the hearing is next week and youre late filing your WS, do you!
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can certainly give medical grounds. I imagine youd need a signed statement saying youc an act on her behalf.