Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• alittleowl
    Options
    Still no reply from OFtM to my emails (to complaints, response and dd) and I couldn't get through to customer "service" on the phone about them reinstating my direct debit but my bank is fully aware of my situation and will let me know by email if they attempt it again. Now I just have to hope they don't try to block my move back to e.on. At least e.on sent a meter reader out before I switched, around six months ago, something OFtM never bothered to do. I've been taking photos of my meters every month before submitting my the readings to OFtM so if they try to claim I owe them more than the £200 of my money they already have they're not going to get very far.
  • cyka
    cyka Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    alittleowl wrote: »
    Checked my bank account this morning: they had reinstated the DD. So I cancelled it again and sent a fourth email to their complaints department. They haven't responded to the first three so I fully expect them to ignore it.

They are threatening people (it's in their t&c) with a £25 fee for each missed payment unless you pay them within 5 days. So you could be worse off?
  • jono1975
    Options
    Interesting justification of the EAC increase and DD change from Team OFM against a Trustpilot review

"We continue to provide some of the best prices in the UK and to do this have had a change in our direct debit policy. Whilst this may not be suitable for everyone, it means customers who pay the correct amount for their energy are not being penalised by people who don't.'

So, the way I read that is the are accusing some of their customers of not paying the correct amount. But, it's them who have set the amount. I think that's pretty insulting.

Still no response from my meter photos I sent on Saturday, that's four working days now. Not that I held out much hope.

I really dislike the attitude of this company, and the fake reviews they post are just desperate.

Avro are looking good for me, uSwitch have the November tariff to compare with now.
  • Dasuzu
    Options
    I switched 3 rental properties from AVRO to Outfox The Market on 18/09/2018 switch completed 09/10/2018. The following problems occurred:

1. Initially Non Accessible Website for Account Management: it took OTM several weeks before I could login to my accounts. The link in their email didn't work so you just went around in circles

2. Poor Communication - OTM do not make clear which precise tariff you are on as their costs are related to a membership fee based on use but nowhere on the account, bills or any emails do they inform you what useage rate you have been placed on

3. Price Increase without any Notification: OTM increased the price by 7.4% on 01/11/2018 without sending any prior notification. When I discovered this I notified them and they promised to send the notification that they had failed to send me - I am still waiting. They then sent an additional price increase notification for prices to go up by a further 7.3% Gas and 8.3 % Elec from 13/12/2018, but only sent the notification to 2 of my accounts. I informed them that the 3rd account had not receive this 2nd price increase notification but did not receive any reply.

So the upshot is with a cumulative price increases in just 2 months of around 16% I am now about £200 worse off per annum for each property than if I had stayed with AVRO and changed to their best fixed rate tariff. Needless to say I have just switched back to AVRO whose Simple and WinterFix tariff is actually cheaper than both of the Big Energy Switch 12 Deals offered by the Cheap Energy Club (GNE MSE Exclusive Green - 1 and 2 Year Fix) .
  • anotheruser
    Options
    They've been okay, although their "my account" isn't that easy to navigate and understand.
    The comic book theme is starting to get a little old.

However, now they're messing about with he direct debits, I'm looking for a new energy suppler this week.
    Just a shame that my direct debits have all been around £65 a month for years. Now when I look, all want nearer £100 :/
  • orangesnaps
    Options

With the way that they are mismanaging things, they are on track for that.
  • alittleowl
    Options
    cyka wrote: »
    They are threatening people (it's in their t&c) with a £25 fee for each missed payment unless you pay them within 5 days. So you could be worse off?

My account has £200 credit so the December payment won't be missed, they will be forced to take it from my existing credit. By the following month I will have switched to e.on
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    So you and alittleowl both think i should be killed by my house falling down on me and have resorted to attempt to insult me personally because you have no logical argument. I have simply presented the facts as i see them without any insults yet you think i'm the keyboard warrior :rotfl:

You still know the Direct Debit amount for every payment it just changes every 6 months. Anyone half decent at budgeting shouldn't have any trouble managing that at all. If it is a problem then it should be a wake up call to get your finances in order.

If you think calling me names is more productive then go ahead as i find it all very amusing.

Its really not a time or place for being a trol - please just leave you have nothing of interest or use to add here, and no one wants to hear your opinion.

Anyway people, legal experts and such.... how do we get OFTM out of the market !! , they are not fit for purpose and shouldn't be able to use consumers cash to offset loans , they should be in the business of doing utilities or get out the market
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • Think their prices are low? Just wait til after you join them. Your direct debit will increase up to 3 times as much as you initially were told. Your "membership fee" will increase. They will tell you that even though you may be in credit by hundreds, they still need to increase your DD.

Their webchat ( when it works ) does not seem to be able to do anything but cut n paste company statements. They take days to reply to emails ( if your indeed lucky enough to get a reply! ).

If you say you cant afford increases of upto £200 a month for your winter Direct Debit ( yes, they are increasing customers DD from £75 to upto £200 A MONTH ).

Then they request pictures of your meters, and then they expect you to fill out a monthly expenditure form to prove you cant afford it!! Even though you may be in credit by hundreds.. Is this to cover their costs?? are they on the verge ofclosing down?? LETS HOPE SO!!:mad:
    Don't believe me? check out all the TrustPilot reviews about this company.
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    are they on the verge ofclosing down?? LETS HOPE SO!!:

I would like to do whatever possible to help with that :-) I'm reluctant to change my username though, VistaPrint have a few years of punishment left yet
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure