PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Family of 5 'shop from home'food storage challenge...

Options

Comments

• purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yategirl wrote: »
    Bella - I did hunt around for some old comics but no success.. they are on my "keep" list for next year! As for the scraps - will they really notice the paper when all they want is inside it??

what about freecycle 'wanted'.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Yategirl
    Yategirl Posts: 839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    purpleivy wrote: »
    what about freecycle 'wanted'.

duh! i never even gave freecycle a thought!!!! I'll ask next week when I know I have time to go out if there are any offers ta! :)
  • purpleivy
    Options
    Next installlment. I did a trawl of all funds that are available short of hard cash and creditcards.

Paypal over £50
    Waterstones vouchers £18
    Amazon £60 gift vouchers.
    Luncheon vouchers £4

The LV and Amazon are from online surveys. Paypal from recent floggings and Waterstones after last Christmas when I gave the kids cash instead to shop at Borders!

Was awake last night and thinking..realised I had forgotten my aunt and partner off my gifts list. I usually send a floral arrangement, as they really have everything that they need. That would need hard cash/Credit card.... or would it?

managed to find an online company that takes Paypal! Result!

http://www.flowersdirect.co.uk/flowers/flowers-uk/VA05/u30.html is what I have ordered.

Now need to get back to the list and see what else I need to find. Am enjoying the challenge of not digging into my purse!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    i loved this thread. it needs to be revived. The amount of recipes in it. My hubby's and kids love the iced buns and Apple braid is now a firm fav in our household.And veerytime i make the rainbow cakes my daughter is very impressed and thinks they are magic as every bite you get different colour patterns, lol.
  • Yategirl
    Options
    it does need to revived jcr, I totally agree! i sat and read through the whole thread the other day!!

can't believe that your little one is 5mths old already! where has the time gone???!
  • purpleivy
    Options
    This was the first thread I read from start to finish. I really admire D&DD. Going to tackle the christmas list and see if I can find anywhere else to use up my vouchers!
  • jcr16
    Options
    i need to update my sig, Jenson is 8 months next week.he is so different now to the last pic i put up. Hang on i'll post a new one.
  • jcr16
    Options
    fireworksatyarmouth08078.jpg

he a bit mucky as he was just eating crumpets for breakie.But as you can see he has really changed since last pic's i posted. he is still a cute cuddley bundle
  • purpleivy
    Options
    He's adorable!

I've just found some more resources I had forgotten about. I remembered that I hadn't sent a gift for my SIL's birthday at the end of OCtober, was in a bit of a stew at that time. Company I used for my aunt's flowers didn't have anything suitable (ie, all too expensive). Tried flying flowers website, good budget range, but no Paypal. THey do take SOlo though. As it happens I have my dd's solo card at the moment as she is on gap year abroad. She was paid a refund cheque from her music exam instead of me, so she owes me £67.40. Figured I could start and use that for stuff! Whoo hooo. WHat next?

Lunch I think. All that thinking has made me hungry!
  • Yategirl
    Options
    Jenson is gorgeous!! awww..... *broody vibes* lol!!

PI - you are doing brilliantly! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport