PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Family of 5 'shop from home'food storage challenge...

Options

Comments

• painted_lady
    Options
    Hope no one minds me dropping in.
    Too many posts on the thread for me to read all of them, but there is me, OH and DS. I love cooking and baking from scratch and have been inspired by the recipes on here, especially as the ones i have seen are vegetarian and look easy to make.
    I will let you know how I get on.
    I love my tall storecupboard, I know my mum is jealous of it. I want to learn more recipes for using up my bags of flour etc.
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    JCR the lock'n'locks were knocked down in Debenhams this week and the Addis ones in Woolies ;) I know we both share a passion for these lol..

Purple I've spent a couple of hours sifting through my fabrics and craft stuff and found 3 quilt tops which just need finishing off which will make lovely pressies for DS3 (spongebob)and 2 of my friends :j Thats saved a few pennies :D You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that I forgot I had!

I've also unearthed some fabric sacks (large ones) which I made for the boys for awkward shaped things so have washed those up today too

Painted lady :santa2: I seem to motor through bags of flour here what sort have you got that needs using up??
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks dee, We don't have a debenhams on the isle of wight and as for woolies. omg i popped in on fri but couldn't get anywhere near the homewhere section the queues were crazy
    i did manage to get some fab ones in tesco when i was up in bristol in oct. but my local tesco doesn't have them. i keep looking on line as seem to get some good deals on ebay at the mo.

and oh yes i do have a pashion for lock and lock, lol.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmm, I love the lock n lock as well. Not got that many - yet! have a couple of large ones for bread flour. one for Spaghetti, one for sugar on the counter top and the latest one for the current block of cheese. got fed up of peeps cutting open the packet and then letting it dry out!

Still looking round here to see what I can use instead of going and buying 'stuff'!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • danksshady
    Options
    just made two banana loaves with black bananas and a ham and cheese pie for tomorrow with leftover ham that goes out of date tomorrow
    my resolution for next year is to waste less food and therefore spend less on shopping
    No big food shop for 3 weeks - total spent £27.25
    hoping to keep it under £75 for 7 of us and 5 cats 1 dog for 3 weeks
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    My xmas shopping this year has been done from the stores near enough :D
    I spent the grand total of £49 for all xmassy bits,bobs,fruit and veg and milk,crackers and birthday cake etc for DS2's boxing day birthday tea..
    I know I should have made one but haven't had time :o
  • danksshady
    Options
    ham and cheese pie went down a treat - will be making that again in fututre
  • danksshady
    Options
    Well we have so much food in we are going to try not to shop except for fresh stuff for the next 3 weeks - we'll see how long we go for
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    whats the recipe please for ham and cheese pie, i couldn't see it. i've got loads and loads of gammon left.
  • danksshady
    Options
    jcr16 wrote: »
    whats the recipe please for ham and cheese pie, i couldn't see it. i've got loads and loads of gammon left.

just made it myself with shortcrust pastry - filling ham chopped up and home made cheese sauce
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family