PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Family of 5 'shop from home'food storage challenge...

Options

Comments

• bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jcr16 - your little chap's gorgeous and well done you for fitting in the baking.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • boredofbeingathome
    boredofbeingathome Posts: 15,657 Forumite
    Options
    He is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, can't believe how quickly time passes.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    Awwww thanks everyone. YEs he is just so gorgeous. i love him love him love him.

ravylesley funny u say about doing a tesco shop online from an old order. the last order i did was the £300 one back in november. not sure if u rememeber i posted pic's of how full my cupboards were and it took like 5 hours to all put away, lol. I'm just using bit's up. kinda glad i did such a big shop tho, as it meant all the basic's i bought are just coming to an end now. i've prob got 1 months worth of pasta and rice left now.so it has lasted 7 months. not bad going.
  • Lily-Lu
    Lily-Lu Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Jrc. He's a beauty :D
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,675 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jcr - awwww......................congrats chicky he is absolutely gorgeous. My baby boy jsut turned 4 on monday! can you believe it - in my eyes hes still a little baby though - it only feels like yesterday i was looking at him in the little box next to my hospital bed - it flies by.

As for everythgin else - crumbs well done you for the baking - i dont think i managed hosuework for about a week after I'd had Ben, baking cooking took me about 2 weeks to make anything that wasnt bunged in and left (ie pizza etc).

Also forgot to mention although i know little one is only 6 weeks now but if you make up mashed potato it is a very good first baby food if you can get it really smooth - I'd recommend freezing a little bit of it before you've added milk or buter etc then when time comes for little one to try his first foods when you defrost it you can add some of his baby milk/ breast milk (whichever option you've taken obviously).

I've got Lorraine Kellys first baby foods that I was brought when Ben was 2 months old so i stocked up on homemade baby food before feeding him it was time. If you'd like it let me know and I'll gladly send it to you. Have been told If I want another baby then we'll try for one but figured hey i have plenty of time - im only 23!

Also had to giggle - you gorgeous little boy weighs then same now 6 weeks on when my son did AT birth! 9lbs 7ozs!
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Pip-squeak_3
    Pip-squeak_3 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Congratulations on the new baby jcr16 he is just beautiful and congratulations on getting back to cooking. i didn't know day from night for a long time after mine. It only seems like yesterday when i looked in that little box by the side of my bed and it was 23 years ago!! Wouldn't have missed a second of it - even the teenage years!!!
    I am new to this thread but I thought you might know about white vinager. There is lots of information out there but i want it for making chutney as well as cleaning. OH cannot eat gluten and malt vinager usually has gluten or barley in it even if it says it is gluten free. people on other threads have said that the cheap vinager they get from asian supermarkets is not good for cooking. have any of you tried the cheap viager or should i just carry on buying the expensive bottles when I start making. Thanks for any help.
    Challenge 2 adults food and household.
    2009 £1214.37
    Target for 2010 £1250
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I usually just read this thread, but i had to post,

jcr16 - he is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations xx He is so loverly.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    D&DD, hope all is well. I PM'd you, but will post the questions on here too in case you've got your hands full again & so anyone else can help:

Can apple braid be made with wholemeal flour? MiL is diabetic & wholemeal is better for her sugar balance.

Do you make the french bread dough in your MR breadmaker? DF is the breadmaker king & always uses that recipe for the best results, but I'm thinking of buying him a couple of the french loaf tins so it makes baguettes...

Thanks for such an entertaining thread - I really admire all those of you with special children, you all deserve a huge pat-on-the-back.

I can go & do some work now - it's taken several days of office-time to read right through!

:wave: Floss x
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    jcr16 - he is so gorgeous,:D CONGRATULATIONS hun! Seeing a little baby makes me all broody ... till I look at my 2 girls and realise that another one would probably be a girl and another demolition expert lol:rotfl: .

Am going to attempt to make raised pork pie thanks to the recipe in thriftylady's wartime rations thread. Keep your fingers crossed for me! if it works i'll post piccies later.

oh yes, i'm back! after a rather fun stay in hospital and some rather nasty physio i'm kind of back in the swing of things.

Di xxx:beer:
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport