“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,646 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you’re resting whilst little ones are at school. I’m presuming youngest didn’t make it to school, or did the new drugs mean she managed it?
    January spends - £587.58
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening.

Everyone's in bed.

Smalls had a good first day back and already have a party invite :rotfl:

Youngest managed nearly 2 hours this morning (I really needed her to meet her teacher etc and I had some where to go she couldn't attend with me :o)

Today involved a lot of running around and tomorrow looks the same. We have to travel to get done paperwork for the new meds and school need some paperwork involving the new meds too. It means quite a big change in our routine day to day too. But it's worth it. Not thinking about longer term right now. Just taking day to day and for now that's enough.

Thank you again

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad the DC enjoyed their first day back and that even littlest one managed a couple of hours :). I hope you get the paperwork for the new meds sorted.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening :)

Smalls all had another good day. Got lots done I needed to get done too. Paperwork located and picked up. Taken to the places that needed copies. I just need to go and get 2 copies myself tomorrow to put in her bags.

I feel like I haven't sat down since 5am so just enjoying a cuppa before doing the last bits on my list and hopefully getting some sleep. It's been non existent with lots running round my mind and just not able to switch off.

The weather is horrid too!

Hope everyone's okay and I will try and catch up with you all

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,537 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad the smalls are enjoying school and the littlest was well enough for a couple of hours :)

Good to take one day at a time at the moment.

Try to get some rest and take care of you xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,646 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Weather has indeed been horrible- hope you get time yo chill for a while whilst little ones at school. Try and make some coffee breaks between all your running around.
    January spends - £587.58
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Evening

Managed to get everything done today. Paper work sorted. Appointments that needed attending done. Have got the date through for the next big and It is before we go away.

I think we're finding our feet again with fitting everything in although it's been nearly 3am before I've been settling to sleep and then back up before 6 I just can't seem to switch myself off.

Have lots to start getting ready for the holiday too. Need to look at booking train tickets and things which I was supposed to do weeks ago. Need to finish making sure everything is in place for youngest.

I have been buying bits of groceries but still haven't got a real meal plan in place and done a proper shop. It costs so much more not being organised (slaps myself) must do it this weekend. I think this is going to feel like the longest month ever waiting for the 25th and the budgets resetting and being able go get back on track properly.

Have to squeeze my own appointments in next week as I feel like I need to go.

Hope everyone's settling back into school okay

x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    It does take time to get back into routines. Your holiday will be here before long...glad you have that to look forward to. Are the children doing a countdown?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning WB :) Glad the children have all settled in well at school and that you're getting back into some sort of routine.

I know they've only just gone back but half term will be here inthe blink of an eye and you'll be on the train before you know it.

Have a lovely weekend. xx
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    We are on holiday countdown. Me just as much as the smalls I think :o I can't wait to have the sea air. It always lifts my mood and makes me feel so much better. Even if it rains everyday :rotfl: I've been putting google to use and looking for free stuff going on that's near there and filling the days up. I'm so looking forward for the break.

Thank you Tea. They have settled in a lot better than I expected. They love their new teachers already and youngests teacher is amazing. She has a child with extra needs herself a similar age to youngest so I already feel she gets it and knows the little things.

I've done my cleaning and things and now I'm taking an hour to myself before starting to get things ready for dinner etc. I have to wait in for the pharmacy so no excuse not to sit and take an hour to do nothing and drink a hot cuppa!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend even with this awful weather!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback