“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Heatherweed
    Options
    Don't often post but thinking of you and you are doing so well. I had a serious ly ill child I had family support and still hit rock bottom. So you are doing so well stick in there xx Wish there was more Icould do xxx
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    ALWAYS available if you need someone to chat with missus
    NEVER a bother
    (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you

Don't really have anything to update.

Just trying to get through to the end of the month. This has got have been the longest month in history.

I have such a headache I haven't got much done today. Dinner needs to be sorted soon and I have some ironing to get done. We currently have no boiler. So no hot water awaiting a date for the new boiler and a full new set of radiators. They have warned me there will be damage to the walls and floors that they don't cover the cost to. However it will nice to have a reliable boiler for winter.

We have managed to get a cancellation appointment tomorrow for youngest at the city hospital over side effects (some are quite concerning) it means train fare for me and youngest.

A quite weekend planned. We've backed out of some plans to go to the beach as I think by the time I've paid train fare and make lunches etc it isn't a very cheap day out.

Anyway enough rambling on about nothing.

Have a lovely weekend

X
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Evening

Everyone's in bed.

Have done most of my to do list and have lifted dinner out for tomorrow.

I really don't know why I'm so anxious about things and worrying. I think it's because everything feels like it's at once even though I feel it's so slow waiting for money in day it feels like the big appointments and decisions are happening so quickly. The residential is here so quickly. It will be the holiday soon etc. Obviously the holiday etc are good things but it feels like a bigger responsibility being away from home etc. Silly stuff I guess :o The boiler and the disturbing of the decorating and floors. When it took so long to get it reasonable and clean.

I guess it's a lot happening all at once.

If you set the side effects out of the picture. The actual thing the new meds are treating is working. We need a balance on side effects without a huge set back to the original problems. It's some huge decisions that will impact her forever and could lead to much worse situations. Working out the balance isn't easy. Hoping tomorrow provides some help (really I just wish the decisions where taken out my hands:o) I realise that sounds awful.

Anyway I've moaned enough

Thank you again for all stopping in x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Getting the balance is so hard :(
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wishing the decisions could be taken out of your hands doesn't sound awful.... sounds totally natural to me.
    The stress involved of trying to make the 'right' decision is enormous - especially when the Drs can't /won't make a decision either way. I can remember the total terror involved with the responsibility of being left with 3 children, and having to make decisions when one was seriously ill.
    All you can do is your best, and that is exactly what you are doing.
    I hope you start to feel better soon, and that the side effects can be sorted for youngest. (((hugs))) XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope the boiler is able to be fixed asap. Can you be given an emergency appointment for fitting the new boiler/radiators in light of the fact you have children ?

It must be hard taking in all the information re the medication and making decisions. Is there a support group available anywhere for your DD's condition?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Hello W

We had a new boiler and radiators installed by the council a couple of years ago and the damage was minimal. Much less than I was led to believe. The only thing that was a real problem was wooden flooring in the hall had to be taken up. Don't they give you any redecoration allowance? We were given something. It wasn't a lot but it helped replace the flooring with carpet.
    Hope you feel better soon. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you :)

Waiting for the boiler to be delivered, it should be here today and they are coming tomorrow and Sunday to fit it. Talk about last minute letting me know! Although she did say it was a cancellation and I could say no and wait for the letter in the post with an appointment. Better to get it done though I think... I hope!

TF no they don't help to the costs of putting the decorating/floors back. I think though the upstairs will be okay as that's carpet so I'm hoping its just a case of them pulling it back. But downstairs is laminate flooring that's been down a very long time and was second hand then! it's glued together so I am anxious about having no flooring downstairs :o The decorating side of things luckily all but one of the radiators are on the painted walls - so will just be paint to put back right. The new radiators are different sizes to the ones that are in now and quite a lot of piping is being changed so will be a lot of floorboards up (although they do fix them back!)

At the same time as this going on, the flat roof which has already been repaired is being totally replaced as the ceiling there is damp and coming through again!

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    At least it is getting done & will be done soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback