“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    Options
    She hasn't been sick since early hours at least, says she feels unwell still though. Fingers crossed it's just today!

So all today's plans are cancelled. MIL will still call past other wise it would be next Xmas :rotfl:

Feel bad letting people down last minute again :cool:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Poor DD, calpol and cuddles :) xx
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Feel bad letting people down last minute again
    Can't be helped. The wee one comes first and everybody will understand that. Hopefully she's improving now. Take care. xx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Along with smalls and all things home making my day good. I received post today :eek: The variety of Xmas presents. Not once but twice the door knocked with a huge surprise!

Thank you so much I know you'll both be reading :A

You've made me so happy. I never receive so much as an Xmas card other than the ones the smalls make at school! x

Lovely reading this!!

But sorry to hear DD is poorly - fingers VERY crossed that it doesn't spread and that she's back to herself really soon WF!

Absolutely right just to cancel plans and as TF says - people understand in that situation.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    It was such a lovely surprise, not sure what we'll do yet with them - Save them forever :rotfl: :o

DD is full of calpol and in bed still :eek: The others are being kept away :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Poor DD, I never send my DS in if he's poorly, especially if I know its infectious. These things spread so quickly when in the school environment. I hope she has a speedy recovery and that nobody else comes down with it.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    It drives me potty DFD, They actually had someone in their classroom being sick into a bin yesterday ALL afternoon as they couldn't get someone to collect the child. This isn't a one off either it's happened quite a few times now!

In other news I managed to sort the girls jewellery boxes.. I had half the country looking out for them in a discount store and no where had them. Received a random whatsapp from someone I don't have in my contacts this morning. It turns out it was the manager at one of the stores and has located two and saved them for me to collect today. Need to collect today as he could be in trouble for holding them back for me :D

They are out of stock online etc and are £20-£25 ... £3.99 in the discount store :D
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh poor child being stuck in school when they are so poorly, I know it can be difficult for parents to juggle everything but the child should be the priority. Even working I'm fairly certain that an employer can't discriminate against having time off because of their children being poorly.

Those jewellery boxes sound like a bargain, how kind of the manager to get in touch with you like that. Its so lovely to be reminded that there is still kindness in the world.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,698 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Surely child being sick could have gone to the first aid room?
    Great news on the jewelly boxes :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor DD - hope she's better soon and no one else gets it. How lovely about the jewellery boxes though. What a nice manager! But can you collect them?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure