“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mine have never really joined in and last year DS made himself sick so he didn't have to do it :o So I was so surprised just how much of a role he played today. My mum and step dad are going to the 5.30 performance so I bet he will be ready for dinner when he's home :rotfl: I've sent a sandwich and things but I know that won't satisfy him enough to call it dinner :o

Thank you x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mine have never really joined in and last year DS made himself sick so he didn't have to do it :o So I was so surprised just how much of a role he played today. My mum and step dad are going to the 5.30 performance so I bet he will be ready for dinner when he's home :rotfl: I've sent a sandwich and things but I know that won't satisfy him enough to call it dinner :o

Thank you x

Your DS sounds like mine....very hollow legs :rotfl:
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Sounds like a nice day. I was inspired by your Xmas activities and made a gingerbread house with the two smallest this weekend.

Glad you got the electricity sorted, I have been lucky enough to have never gone through a cable or pipe,but always time for it I suppose!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you got some Christmas presents Wannabee, what a lovely surprise :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you've had a lovely day and so pleased you've received some nice surprises. You deserve it though after everything that's happened recently xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Definitely a lovely surprise :D Really made me smile.

As I thought DS was later home than told by school and was gone 7 when he got in! He said he had an amazing time though and had lots of cake and sweets :rotfl: He ate his dinner jumped in the shower and was straight into bed. Long day when he's been there since 8am.

Others tucked up and sleeping too and house work done.

I really don't like this foggy weather :( Actually I hate it!

Tomorrow's a busy day with DD's nativity and Ex-MIL visiting in the morning boo! Hate it but gotta be done. Doubt they'll stay long, don't see why they make their 1 visit a year when the smalls aren't here. I think she's only seen youngest twice and she's nearly 4 :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well seems DD has the sickness bug again. Wish people wouldn't send sick kids in to school! I really hope youngest doesn't get it :( I just want her to have an Xmas that doesn't involve being unwell/in hospital :(

I'm annoyed because I was considering just keeping them off this week so they didn't get a cough and now she's got the sickness bug back! I hope it just sticks with her and doesn't spread through us all. I've got the bleach and dettol out :o and put her away from the others.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Poor DD, hope it's just a 24 hour thing x
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Poor DD, hope it's just a 24 hour thing x

Seconded...
    Hope the quarantine works and no one else comes down with it

Have a grand day today luv
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Oh gosh poor DD,i hope it doesn't spread. xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback