“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you finished shopping for Christmas, it's a great feeling, let everyone else have the last minute panic. I'm sure the girls won't mind if they don't get the jewellery box - maybe a future birthday present?

Really glad to hear things sound more settled and that you've stopped painting and have your feet up :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I still have quite a lot I want to do :o

But it's stuff that people won't see. Unless I'm taking them to my bedroom :rotfl: :o

I don't like sitting down it gives me time to think :o I like to keep busy. Only I will be keeping busy with the smalls and usual cleaning now until after Xmas I think rather than extra things. I don't know I guess a lot depends on the health side of things too.

Once January arrives though I will be back at work and back to focusing on paying the debt so it's less to worry about.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 December 2017 at 12:46AM
    Options
    Well done on all the decorating wannabe. Its took me 2 weeks to do the conservatory!

I remember DFIL putting a nail through the water pipe while trying to stop the floorboards squeaking. Bet there's more people had DIY mishaps than will admit.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for dropping in Charlies x

Morning :D

In a good mood today. So up and down :o worse than a roller coaster :rotfl:

Smalls all waiting for school run and I'm waiting for washer so thought I'd pop on while I have my coffee.

No real plans today. Might try and meet up with friend if youngest goes to school and stays long enough.

I need to get wrapping paper so I can wrap the few extra presents for the smalls. I'm worried town will be crazy busy though :cool:

I don't really have anything mse wise to say :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Morning, W. Have a relaxing say for a change.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Morning TF :)

Smalls away to school including youngest. Have done the housework and got dinner in the slow cooker for smalls. DS is home late tonight (6.30) He has his Nativity, I need to remember to drop another pack lunch in for after school. It is DD's tomorrow so will need to do the same tomorrow.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are having a good day.

I wanted to let you know that I copied your idea of Christmas things to do with the children every day. I have slipped notes with activities on into the little drawers on DS (7) advent calendar on the days when I know we have time to do something or a note saying 'its Christmas jumper day!' with a very poor drawing (by me) of a Christmas jumper or something similar when we haven't. He isn't happy on the days when there isn't a note and just a chocolate so I better get scribbling some more for the rest of this week!:rotfl:

He has loved it and we will definitely do it again next year.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Ahh glad you've copied and he's enjoyed it. Mine have had so much fun!

Today has been amazing. It's been weird but a brilliant day.

Smalls make me so proud :A In between nativities and just general caring for each other they've made my eyes leak ;)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Along with smalls and all things home making my day good. I received post today :eek: The variety of Xmas presents. Not once but twice the door knocked with a huge surprise!

Thank you so much I know you'll both be reading :A

You've made me so happy. I never receive so much as an Xmas card other than the ones the smalls make at school! x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    God you're having a great day :)

My two are out of the nativity play side of things now :(

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and put your feet up xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business