We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think I will be making some effort to leave the house other than for hospital appointments. I think having so many appointments has made it easier for me to withdraw back into not leaving the house for anything else.

I'm watching hector, with my hot water bottle and a coffee.

DS has been for his hair cut £5 although I'm not sure if C paid for this.

Roast dinner just being dished out and then the smalls can have their baths and settle down ready for school. I'm looking forward to half term but need to get some things planned. Otherwise they'll find it boring :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I must admit, I need to be in the right mood for a visit to Primarni as it's nearly always busy but yes good for cheap basics, especially for kids.

You're right to try & get out of the house for something other than medical appointments. Maybe go out for a nice coffee? :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £13,870, Car loan 2 £10,310 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I need wrapping paper for DD's gifts so a coffee is a good idea Sashy. I looked online but I think going somewhere to get wrapping paper will be cheaper.

I have cards/candles/balloons and banners etc. I need to remember I need the money for the sweet cones on Friday and to possibly an extra £10 at the party Saturday if the 1 extra who isn't invited turns up :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Smalls are only just getting in the bath.

I think I might push bed time back a bit to 7.30pm (from 7)

I'm not sure what the 'norm' is for smalls ages? (7 this week and DS is going to be 9) :cool:

Can't include youngest she has her own routine. Although last night they'd been in bed 2 hours when the girls appeared downstairs after DD giving youngest a 'makeover' :cool: Trying to be cross at them was hard, it was rather cute :o :rotfl:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    My DS2 (age 8) goes at 8pm and DS1 (13) goes at 9pm but reads etc til 10pm usually. It depends on the child and what time they need to be up the next day I think Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I might try 7.30 this week and see. It really annoys me if we are running late and I miss 'bedtime' It makes me feel uneasy all night :o But DS has been complaining 7 is a lot earlier than his friends for a while :o

Thank you.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Just looked outside and its very white!

:eek: Where did the snow come from!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been trying to snow all day here but not amounted to anything. I'm so fed up of winter now, it feels like it's been going on forever.

Maybe a good idea to review bedtime now the smalls are getting older. Could the oldest one read for a bit if he's not ready to sleep?
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    It's quite bad here :eek:

We went to Mcdonalds :o For me opps! Well worth it though and it wasn't a NSD anyway :o Trying to justify it :rotfl:

The roads where crazy! and the motorway looked scary when we drove over the bridge.

x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you're safe back home having captured your MacD! No snow here yet but we'll see if that lasts till morning. You realise if you report that the going is really bad, I shall end up cancelling my trip to work on Mum's house later in the week! :D Not that I want to get out of it or anything... :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport