🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Angel Delight: Making a comeback with sales up 30%

Options

Comments

• MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    The only angel delight I ever liked was the coffee flavour. It stopped selling in the early 70s.It was silky smooth and tasted so good chilled. Does anyone remember the other product sold at the time, Instant whip. My kids used to be forever mixing a packet up. It did'nt have the density of flavour angel delight had and I always thought it was quite gloopy but kids loved it.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    This thread showed up in my forum subscription emails and made me hungry all over again :p:p:rotfl:
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Never noticed it had gone away in the first place.:huh:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The only angel delight I ever liked was the coffee flavour. It stopped selling in the early 70s.It was silky smooth and tasted so good chilled.
    Now that does sound good!

I haven’t had Angel Delight for years, it’s one of those things I don’t regard as proper food :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Whist butterscotch is great, does anything compare with the mint choc version? Sublime :drool:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only angel delight I ever liked was the coffee flavour. It stopped selling in the early 70s.It was silky smooth and tasted so good chilled. Does anyone remember the other product sold at the time, Instant whip. My kids used to be forever mixing a packet up. It did'nt have the density of flavour angel delight had and I always thought it was quite gloopy but kids loved it.

I always preferred instant whip to angel delight. I preferred the texture of it. I don't remember the difference in flavour - and like a lot of others on here, butterscotch was/is my favourite
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All of us in our household love the stuff, I make it layered, - Strawberry bottom, banana centre, then chocolate on top, then finished with squirty cream.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    All of us in our household love the stuff, I make it layered, - Strawberry bottom, banana centre, then chocolate on top, then finished with squirty cream.

Why do I have a craving and a sickly feeling at the same time? :D
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    Whist butterscotch is great, does anything compare with the mint choc version? Sublime :drool:

Mint chocolate? Why did nobody tell me of this?
    z1a wrote: »
    You basically make a Trifle/Neapolitan with Angel Delight? You are a crazy genius.

And now I really want some. If anyone at Premier Foods reads the MSE forum, I am open to bribes*, tasty bribes.

*Obviously not serious.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Er, sugar-free chocolate with a [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] generous sprinkle of coffee granules added on top ;)
    Makes a change when low carbing, as it is difficult to get a dessert with no sugar in.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family