Angel Delight: Making a comeback with sales up 30%

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I didn’t realise it was coming back. I’m pleased I’m ahead of the trend, as my children enjoy it. They call it ‘Pudding’ and we buy it from Lidl.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone remember the other product sold at the time, Instant whip.

Now you mention it, I think that was my favourite. icon_yum.gif Much better than Angel Delight.
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    The only angel delight I ever liked was the coffee flavour. It stopped selling in the early 70s.It was silky smooth and tasted so good chilled. Does anyone remember the other product sold at the time, Instant whip. My kids used to be forever mixing a packet up. It did'nt have the density of flavour angel delight had and I always thought it was quite gloopy but kids loved it.

Angel delight pales into insignificance compared to Instant Whip. :D

https://easyontheeye2.wordpress.com/packaging/instant-whip/

We also used to have Junket, (made with rennet). :)
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • lily117
    lily117 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's sold in tins of the powder as well as the packets now, works out better value. Home Bargains sell it.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 November 2017 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Angel delight pales into insignificance compared to Instant Whip. :D

https://easyontheeye2.wordpress.com/packaging/instant-whip/

We also used to have Junket, (made with rennet). :)

We were never allowed Instant Whip as it was apparently 'a bit common' :), although Angel Delight wasn't, for some odd reason! I do occasionally eat it now but it's definitely not the same as it used to be. It used to be really, really thick but now it's much thinner and 'foamy'. I still love the butterscotch flavour but I miss the original version.

I have tried junket a couple of times and I love the flavour (milk and nutmeg, yum) but I do find the texture a bit 'challenging'. It's a shame it's not more well known but I'm guessing that's because of the rennet.
  • artyclarty
    Options
    I used to love the supermarket own brand banana but all of a sudden a couple of years ago they all disappeared from literally! I may still have a few considerably out of date ones hanging about for a rainy day!

But I absolutely refuse to spend an extra 20p to buy the "branded" for something I will ultimately shovel in my mouth within the space of a minute or so!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lily117 wrote: »
    It's sold in tins of the powder as well as the packets now, works out better value. Home Bargains sell it.
    Thanks, worth investigating.

I wouldn't want my niece to miss out on such retro delights as I enjoyed in the 1970s/80s :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    Oh you wicked people I read this thread yesterday and was in home bargs today so just had to get a tub of butterscotch and a tub of strawberry Angel Delight,to complete the going back in time malarkey above them were litre bottles of Crusha milk shake mix strawberry and raspberry so got one of each,feels like being a teenager again :D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Oh you wicked people I read this thread yesterday and was in home bargs today so just had to get a tub of butterscotch and a tub of strawberry Angel Delight,to complete the going back in time malarkey above them were litre bottles of Crusha milk shake mix strawberry and raspberry so got one of each,feels like being a teenager again :D
    Ah, The Trouble With Goats and Sheep :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Ah, The Trouble With Goats and Sheep :D

Made me grin :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing