Angel Delight: Making a comeback with sales up 30%

Options
124»

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Oh you wicked people I read this thread yesterday and was in home bargs today so just had to get a tub of butterscotch and a tub of strawberry Angel Delight,to complete the going back in time malarkey above them were litre bottles of Crusha milk shake mix strawberry and raspberry so got one of each,feels like being a teenager again :D

I'll take my commission cheque now please! :p

Also, I loved Crusha!

*makes another note for next shop*

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    We were never allowed Instant Whip as it was apparently 'a bit common' :), although Angel Delight wasn't, for some odd reason! I do occasionally eat it now but it's definitely not the same as it used to be. It used to be really, really thick but now it's much thinner and 'foamy'. I still love the butterscotch flavour but I miss the original version.

I have tried junket a couple of times and I love the flavour (milk and nutmeg, yum) but I do find the texture a bit 'challenging'. It's a shame it's not more well known but I'm guessing that's because of the rennet.

:rotfl: we were common then... loved instant whip and yes I'm a junket fan too. Just got some rennet off Amazon and have gone back 40 years to when my Gran made it.

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This takes me back.

I remember as a teenager being taken home for tea by my then boyfriend. I struggled through a bowl of Angel Delight, horrible sloppy stuff, to be polite. At home we always had home made puddings.

Some years ago I tuned into a WAG version of Come Dine with Me just to be nosey with the tasteless blingy houses. There was a WAG on there and the pudding she made was a disaster so she whipped up some of the stuff, called her French husband for a quick translation and passed it off as Delice des Anges.
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh I hadn't had angel delight for decades, then I got into baking cakes and biscuits. For lava cake you need angel delight----other brands available, I did chocolate lava cake with butterscotch AD <<<makes the lava bit
    Lovely. Must now go buy giant tins of it in home bargains and make more cakes, some milk shakes and maybe the actual dessert.
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family