IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BPA data protection breach

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Natwest did the same with me, even phoned me up. I took it to the BO and got £150 compo.

Small wonder you’re a rich man and live in a property large enough for two families (according to RightMove). :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I have worked hard all my life in some gredful places and taken a lot of risks on the stock market and buying land and property. This is one of my mistakes.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-59620387.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Spectacular views from the property. Are you now ‘done’ with the Costa Blanca (once you’ve sold)?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• bluetoffee1878
    Options
    Here is the evidence from 'the horses mouth' so to speak that they sent the wrong attachment containing (quite a lot) of somebody else's personal data

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m59fjyd03k5zedd/BPA%20Email.JPG?dl=0
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Here is the evidence from 'the horses mouth' so to speak that they sent the wrong attachment containing (quite a lot) of somebody else's personal data

For a minor error in one of their members’ car parks, it’s a £100 penalty.

What cost a major error on the part of the gatekeeper of Standards?

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

And your friends ticket, has that been cancelled yet?
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options

The last I heard was that they offered to cancel for £10. I'm not sure whether he took up that option.

He's more a colleague of a friend so not somebody I'm in regular contact with
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The last I heard was that they offered to cancel for £10. I'm not sure whether he took up that option.

He's more a colleague of a friend so not somebody I'm in regular contact with

I would suggest your colleague asks for more than a tenner. ;)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    That's what I suggested :T

For info, I am now in touch with the person who's data was breached and they seem very keen to pursue so watch this space.........
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    He did settle for a tenner. Don't blame him really as he is going through some not good stuff health wise at the moment, and it probably cost the PPC more than a tenner to collect it anyway.

On a positive note he is more than happy to assist Julesiep with the info she needs for her to pursue the BPA for the mis use of her data.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure