IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BPA data protection breach

Options
I’m currently helping a friend of a friend with a BPA AOS Members PCN (don’t want to say which PPC at the moment)
Advised the RK to complain to the BPA for various breaches of the COP which they did.

Also sent a version of the danielsan/LOC123 letter ref: PD and new protocol obligations to the debt collector who is now involved.

Lo and behold, the BPA found that their member has not breached any of their ‘rules’.

Unfortunately in the reply from the BPA they have attached a load of info from a case relating to a different person.

Info includes vehicle registration number, email address of the appellant, name and address of the appellant, their actual appeal, the appeal result and a copy of a letter indicating that there were equipment issues at that site and all PCN’s between certain dates should be cancelled.

Complaint to the ICO I think.

You could not make this stuff up.

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would be tempted to get In touch with the other person and point them here
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nice one , now name the PPC , the site with faulty equipment and the dates ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    Yeah that crossed my mind too
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    nice one , now name the PPC , the site with faulty equipment and the dates ,

This would be extremely useful information for the forum and potentially of immense help for any motorist being pursued by the PPC.

Get it in the public domain.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah that crossed my mind too

naming the carpark with faulty equipment may aid other users , especially when the PPC lies and stated all good
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    PPC is Defence Systems t/a Park Watch.

The site is Weston Favell ANPR in I think Northhampton

Dates in question are 4th to 20th October 17

I am obviously not in possession of somebody else's personal data, and would dispose of it if I was.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    like this case , 9th oct , same company , same car park

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5729680&highlight=weston+favell
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PPC is Defence Systems t/a Park Watch.

The site is Weston Favell ANPR in I think Northhampton

Dates in question are 4th to 20th October 17

I am obviously not in possession of somebody else's personal data, and would dispose of it if I was.

Is Defence Systems t/a Park Watch the same parking company your friend is challenging over their ticket? If so then you've just lost your friend a chance to have their ticket cancelled.
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »

Strikingly similar
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately in the reply from the BPA they have attached a load of info from a case relating to a different person.

You couldn't make it up ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport