IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BPA data protection breach

Options

Comments

• Julesiep
    Julesiep Posts: 180 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OK, but bluetoffee1878 is trustworthy. If he helps you too, be grateful for the experience and genuine assistance!

The angry face is in relation to breach of data. Have messaged OP to find out if it is my information.
    JULES
    DMP:LBM May 2008 £50,970.68
    December 2013 £0
    Thanks to Stepchange
    PPI reclaimed £13,157.58 :Thanks to MSE and Martin
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah, now I understand, sorry! it read as though you were annoyed with bluetoffee1878 but I can see it's this bit that might be your data:
    Unfortunately in the reply from the BPA they have attached a load of info from a case relating to a different person.

Info includes vehicle registration number, email address of the appellant, name and address of the appellant, their actual appeal, the appeal result and a copy of a letter indicating that there were equipment issues at that site and all PCN!!!8217;s between certain dates should be cancelled.

Wow, you could claim for compensation for DPA breach, against the BPA. LOVE IT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Julesiep
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Going back through my paperwork I would be surprised if this is not me this is an extract from my reply from BPA

“Park Watch advised that they were not made aware of the fault with the ANPR cameras at the site in question until 18th October 2017 – as soon as they were made aware, they cancelled any Parking Charges issued between 04th October and 20th October 2017.”

Who do you complain about the BPA to?
    JULES
    December 2013 £0
    Thanks to Stepchange
  • logician
    logician Posts: 204 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Julesiep wrote: »
    From how I read this he is helping a friend in a different location who has been sent details of a case relating to Weston Favell Centre.

I am obviously not in possession of somebody else's personal data, and would dispose of it if I was.
    The angry face is in relation to breach of data. Have messaged OP to find out if it is my information.

The OP says he is not in the possession of the personal data. The information went to his friend.

However, if you believe this is you, then certainly contact the BPA and alert them to this thread

email both steve clark and the AOS.

Gladstones also have on occasion sent details of different court claims to Defendants.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    umm would it not be better (long thread) to check that the info was meant for you , something simple like what initial and second letter of surname
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Going back through my paperwork I would be surprised if this is not me this is an extract from my reply from BPA

!!!8220;Park Watch advised that they were not made aware of the fault with the ANPR cameras at the site in question until 18th October 2017 !!!8211; as soon as they were made aware, they cancelled any Parking Charges issued between 04th October and 20th October 2017.!!!8221;

Who do you complain about the BPA to?

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk and point him to this thread.

Firstly, as you have sent a pm, find out from bluetoffee1878 if this was your data his friend has, and which BPA staff member sent it in error. Get a copy of the email if possible.

Be ready to make a direct complaint to the ICO.

Whilst Steve Clark comes across as a decent human being, as does Gemma Dorans at the BPA, IMHO over the years, sadly, no-one else there does, and to divulge your data to a stranger (if it is your data) is worth an ICO complaint.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Julesiep
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I will wait to hear from bluetoffee1878. Hopefully they will be able to find out from the friend if it was my data or not. I am hoping it is not my data but not holding out much hope. Thanks again x
    JULES
    December 2013 £0
    Thanks to Stepchange
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I will wait to hear from bluetoffee1878. Hopefully they will be able to find out from the friend if it was my data or not. I am hoping it is not my data but not holding out much hope. Thanks again x

dunno , payback time for there attitude to customers
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    I've spoken to my friend, and the data sent to him was for a person with the initials JP.

If I was a betting man........

Julesiep I will reply to your PM
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Natwest did the same with me, even phoned me up. I took it to the BO and got £150 compo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure