Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ - Page 5756

New Post Advanced Search

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

edited 19 February 2018 at 12:48PM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
57.6K replies 5M views

Replies

• mrsmac10 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    I hate running over anything in the car I can only imagine how you felt

The bump as I went over it was a bit sickening but at least it wasn't messy so I didn't get any 'bits' on my bike...or me.

Sorry for anyone eating their elevenses. :o
  • izzeybizzeyb Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    aau1 wrote: »
    The 50% points back offer is on all my cards :cool:

Also 250pts if you sign up to argos emails which looks to me a generic offer open to everyone:
    https://competitions.argos.co.uk/nectar_sign_up_11_2018/

thanks for posting the linky :) It was on mum's account but not on mine but just worked from your link.
  • karlie88karlie88 Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone.

@arthien - sounds like you're in the correct place if you have phone/email as an option. Just change the reason why you're contacting them and a chat button should appear.

@mhoc - great news on the delayed delivery. :D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • edited 29 November 2018 at 12:33PM
    marrbettmarrbett Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2018 at 12:33PM
    Just had an email from virgin trains advising me the my 'journey' today may be disrupted due to high winds. Thankfully my ticket is valid on all virgin services today and tomorrow instead.... :) (how soon do points go on from V ?)
  • edited 29 November 2018 at 12:55PM
    mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2018 at 12:55PM
    Right Quidco super special one day only, get it while you can £2.50 bonus orders all done :j
    - it feels a bit like you have to do your homework assignment before you can go out to play (except I still have to do domestic admin filing which I've been procrastinating about since the weekend so no slumping on the sofa for me yet :( )

Firstly if you are doing click and collect orders think about places were there are Amex small shops so you can collect your orders and do your Amex £10 shops in the same place - save petrol and parking fees.

Secondly its a good time to use the unused credit cards so you keep them active and you might get offers in the future eg the Amex or Halifax rewards offers.

Click and collect shops - Wilko, Boots, Superdrug, The Works, Holland and Barrett, Fat Face, Marks, Asda George ....

Fat face - if you do an order today before 4 o'clock you get a free pair of socks. Fat Face does not sell much under a tenner :( In theory though you could buy one pair for £6 and get another free - so two pairs for £6 - might be a nice present for someone who likes branded labels. And its free click and collect
    (I still think its over priced as I got gorgeous socks from Amazon for about £3 odd for a set of four but there again no one looks at your sock labels)

The Works - on Quidco if you go down the page there is a Quidco code for 20% which you put into the promo box before you check out - very useful for getting odds and ends like gift bags, cellotape, small stocking fillers etc.

Marks Sparks - my offers are rubbish this week, all of them 10% or 20% off but there might be a useful category eg 20% off beauty or candles etc so maybe another small gift

Boots - there are still a few RTC no 17 items left if you need stocking fillers for teenagers.

Asda George - seems to be some good reductions on clothing

Just seen this on the dark side from boohooMAN.com - £5, 2 colours and different sizes with Free Supersaver delivery at checkout - FLEECE OVERSIZED OVER THE HEAD HOODIE - not the best quality but it might be a good top up present for a teen that you have no idea what to get.

I've ordered palmers lip balm and cotton wool (both on offer) from Superdrug, Cucumber wipes 3 for £3 from Boots and from The Works I've ordered double sided tape, parcel tape and a couple of gift bags.
    So all things that were on the shopping list anyway - I've spent nearly £11 but of that hopefully nearly £8 cashback including the bonuses sometime, eventually.
    The Works order is ready to collect already!
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

@arthien - sounds like you're in the correct place if you have phone/email as an option. Just change the reason why you're contacting them and a chat button should appear.

@mhoc - great news on the delayed delivery. :D

Yes that was spectacular customer service from Amazone - especially getting an extra months subscription as mine was due for renewal after Christmas so I don't have to think about it yet.
    The orders have now updated and are supposed to be coming today but I have doubts - weather around here is dreadful.
    And they went to the Stoke service center overnight which is on top of a hill .... so we will see what happens
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    9.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    wendyak wrote: »
    My yesterday points aren't in yet but I did them afternoon so that means they should arrive after 9am if they follow the previous pattern

If you did the orders yesterday afternoon then points should land in your Nectarine account this evening around 10.30pm.
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I am sorely tempted by the prime thing which Karlie posts about but am probably only spending money for the sake of it Maybe another good offer will come along today or tomorrow DS has prime and I think I can link my Amex card for £5.00 off

I purchase what I need and know will use. It's been great - free tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn, pulses etc., toiletries, chocolate, household cleaning items, coffee, tea and lots more. It's probably more lucrative than the ol' APG glitches and you don't have to leave your home. :rotfl:

Another 2 to keep an eye on:

Green Giant Salad Crisp Sweetcorn, 6 x 160g - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Giant-Salad-Crisp-Sweetcorn/dp/B075K552QS/

Green Giant G1 Artichoke Hearts, 12 x 400g - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GP4XDMP/

I bought 10 of each (max in stock at the time) but only received 1 per unit. Title and £/kg indicates you should get a crate of 6/12 so I received incorrect quantities which were refunded. I'm pretty sure both will come back in stock. ;)
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
    9.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no just realised! Didn't want G1 artichokes - wanted H4. :mad:

Either that or I'm playing artichoke battleships. :rotfl:
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phew that's over unless he got to return .

He will email a draft of service later tonight for me to check so warned DS he going to see it so its been doubled checked :A.

Asked how many I think will be at crem felt tad :o when said around 12 including me , bro and DS :A

I told him I looked in mums address book and nearly everyone was // crossed out :(

Seemed like a nice chap was a bit :o when he asked who else attending ? Ani I replied no one just me lol.
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phew that's over unless he got to return .

He will email a draft of service later tonight for me to check so warned DS he going to see it so its been doubled checked :A.

Asked how many I think will be at crem felt tad :o when said around 12 including me , bro and DS :A

I told him I looked in mums address book and nearly everyone was // crossed out :(

Seemed like a nice chap was a bit :o when he asked who else attending ? And I replied no one just me lol.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support