Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ - Page 5754

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

edited 19 February 2018 at 11:48AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
57.6K replies 5M views

Replies

• edited 29 November 2018 at 9:39AM
    mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2018 at 9:39AM
    Morning all - blowing a gale out there.

My delayed Amazon pantry order managed to get from Leicester to Stoke by midnight last night - it only took 10 hours to do about a 90 minute trip. I think its going to be stuck there now as it says "delayed due to external forces"
    So I am not expecting it today - on a normal day I've know parcels set off from Stoke before (which is only 20 minutes away) but still take all day to arrive, doing 87 drops off en route ....

If anyone is running out of Harry Potter things to buy as gifts search for this on Amazon - looks very pretty and it will go with the zillion of other Harry Potter things you have already bought :D

BADARENXS Pure hand-classical “harry potter “ music box hand-wooden music box creative wooden crafts best Gifts
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Morning all!

Well that was a wet and blustery ride into work this morning! At least the wind was behind me so I got blown in. I had to do quite a lot of weaving between fallen branches and big piles of leaves. Luckily the road I come in on is a tiny country lane and very quiet so no cars around.

There is a big hill that I come down (and up!) every evening and last night I was whizzing down and suddenly realised that there were two dead deer lying in the road. It was too late for me to stop and they were lying across most of the road so I had a split-second to decide which bit to aim for. So I rode over the neck of one of them as it was the lowest bit. It was all over so quickly but I felt a bit gross afterwards. :(

When I went passed that spot this morning someone had moved them to the side of the road. Poor things.
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarah, will be thinking of you today xx

Good luck with your meeting tweets, it is you the vicar has to please, not the other way round xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • HILLBERNHILLBERN Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarah big hugs xxx
  • Snap-antSnap-ant Forumite
    15.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Weather

on the plus side I can wear my new purple wellingtons :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

15.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarah :kisses3:

harold_s_planet_cards065_grande.png?v=1515666721
    Our Family Motto ~

15.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :A

tweets shining bright
    Our Family Motto ~

• hornetgirlhornetgirl Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)

Thinking of you today dear Sarah xxx
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not think I will be risking going out to town on my bike. It is not something I need to do, and to be quite honest there are several areas on the route where the wind hits like a ton of bricks, it really feels like running into a wall sometimes :eek:

The annoying thing is I can't do it tomorrow as I have been enlisted for a couple of jobs so the earliest may well be Monday, I am hoping on Saturday we will be changing the kitchen taps.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support