Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    OK, I am after ideas. Short of stocking fillers for my son and my daughter's fiance, and very short of ideas. Need to be no more than around £1 or so, open to online and common shops.

Please help!

Lottery ticket?
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Morning all!

Well that was a wet and blustery ride into work this morning! At least the wind was behind me so I got blown in. I had to do quite a lot of weaving between fallen branches and big piles of leaves. Luckily the road I come in on is a tiny country lane and very quiet so no cars around.

There is a big hill that I come down (and up!) every evening and last night I was whizzing down and suddenly realised that there were two dead deer lying in the road. It was too late for me to stop and they were lying across most of the road so I had a split-second to decide which bit to aim for. So I rode over the neck of one of them as it was the lowest bit. It was all over so quickly but I felt a bit gross afterwards. :(

When I went passed that spot this morning someone had moved them to the side of the road. Poor things.

:eek::eek::eek:
    I hate running over anything in the car I can only imagine how you felt
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Thinking of you sarah today!

Tried to book my child but just showing 2 points?.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Weather

on the plus side I can wear my new purple wellingtons :o

I should have worn mine :A but didn't don't want blisters on feet before Monday. Watch this when I wear them wont get any blisters but not chancing it I know what my feet like with new footwear :( Only ones I have worn straight from new are my Emu's and no blisters :j

So I got home with wet feet waterproof shoes rubbish they not waterproof :mad:
  • Busylizzie wrote: »
    Lottery ticket?

That is actually a jolly good idea :j
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Does anyone know how I can test if the voucher code on Ebay would work on an item please. I don't think it will be want to give it a try without committing.

Thank you :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    tweets hope the meeting with vicar goes well
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    snap hope all is as well as can be expected x
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 29 November 2018 at 11:46AM
    Just had an email from Green Jinn. I have the app, but not really used before. The paws are all tucked away on the piccie, so none to sniff.

Have yourself a Merry Genie Christmas!
    Hi there!

[FONT=roboto, helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, isn't it?[/FONT] 1f384

Do you remember that warm feeling as a kid, opening your
    Advent Calendar to a new prize every day?
    1c055fba-4674-4371-bd9d-441391f72c63.gif

Our Genie is here to bring back that same warm feeling, 'cause this year you're having your own Advent Calendar!

Starting from December 1st, every day you will find on your app a new, special, coupon valid only for 24 hours.

The special coupon will have a Christmas frame, so keep your eyes peeled!
    DO YOU THINK IT'S OVER?
    This year the Genie is super kind and wants to give you some special freebies! But this time it will be a real treasure hunt: one of the coupons per week will be a freebie, but we won't tell you when and where they will be available!
    feae0a84-e93f-4c49-ba06-b716ee532dd4.gif
    As every treasure hunt there will also be WINNERS!

For 10 random users who collect at least 14 Christmas Advent Calendar coupons, we will give a special voucher worth £10 ready to be claimed!

And if you're brave enough to collect ALL the 24 coupons, you'll have the chance to receive a special branded Giveaway!

Remember: the Advent Calendar Coupons will be available every day only for 24 hours, from December 1st to 24th!
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Does anyone know how I can test if the voucher code on Ebay would work on an item please. I don't think it will be want to give it a try without committing.

Thank you :D

Just add it to your basket and add the code when you go to checkout. You see before you confirm. I used it last night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure