Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Freewheeling
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Unsure if you know but it's the 20% off friends and family this weekend and codes are going in the recycling bin:D

Hi TM, I didn't know! We do have rather a lot of wine at the moment though so 4 cases might be a bit excessive. :o
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    All of my Wilko orders are showing as 'In progress', non of them show 'not collected'. my earliest one is from July this year and it's showing as tracked on Quidco at the 'retailer decision' stage, so it's passed the 'returns and cancellations' stage.

Whether this means much or not, I'm not sure!
  • SweetnSavvy
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I've just ordered a 24 litre Dragon storage box for £3. Thank you.

But I realise I need to check previous cashback as Wilko have not been scanning my orders and they are showing as not collected. Has anyone else had this problem please?

I’ve had this happen with Wilko so don’t use them anymore.

SnS
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I’ve had this happen with Wilko so don’t use them anymore.

SnS

Fluffy bed socks are a no brainer for stocking fillers so just bought the Pom Pom pair @ a fiver less my 20% off discount.
    So £4 and hopefully get my bonus.

That's me done with Wilco
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just completed a Senses survey to claim 3000 points.

That will take me to what I need for a £10 Amazon voucher:T:T

And as well....what is it with Zoflora? I'm seeing it everywhere:think::think::think:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2018 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Durham:)

They don't bring the mags out all at once. They might bring a new pallet of them out in the morning. I'm anticipating getting a few more.

The wine gift sets are at the top of one of the drinks aisle. There was other weird and wonderful things like cocktail shakers and stuff

They seem to have brought them all out in my store - hundreds of mags around - but what do I know as I haven't shopped there for ages? All in replacement of about just as many September mags the day before - I thought 'what a waste', as those have obviously been taken away now, unused, but thought better than to fill in their survey just yet and ask them to produce fewer mags:eek: as I like the October ones being plentiful. It's still a waste now though as I'm only using two pages from each (I have kept the "£8.50" coupons just in case any of the products go onto an offer of the face value of the coupon) and have put the rest of the pages of the mags (nearly the whole of the mag) into the recycling bin already.

I also thought it was clever that the crisps coupons weren't part of the "£8.50 off" coupons at the front of the mag, just as if people might see those (and use them, caught by the incentive and still paying money for the products:eek:) but may fail to notice that there is a coupon for free crisps elsewhere in the mag. I am so cynical:rotfl:. I think that's the right thing to be with all supermarkets though - in fact, with all retailers.

I think, if I am getting any wine gift sets, or any other gift sets at all, I will get them after Christmas for next year. They are bound to be cheaper then:rotfl::rotfl:.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    They seem to have brought them all out in my store - hundreds of mags around - but what do I know as I haven't shopped there for ages? All in replacement of about just as many September mags the day before - I thought 'what a waste', as those have obviously been taken away now, unused, but thought better than to fill in their survey just yet and ask them to produce fewer mags:eek: as I like the October ones being plentiful. It's still a waste now though as I'm only using two pages from each (I have kept the "£8.50" coupons just in case any of the products go onto an offer of the face value of the coupon) and have put the rest of the pages of the mags (nearly the whole of the mag) into the recycling bin already.

I also thought it was clever that the crisps coupons weren't part of the "£8.50 off" coupons at the front of the mag, just as if people might see those (and use them, caught by the incentive and still paying money for the products:eek:) but may fail to notice that there is a coupon for free crisps elsewhere in the mag. I am so cynical:rotfl:. I think that's the right thing to be with all supermarkets though - in fact, with all retailers.

I always hang on to coupons until they go out of date. It's surprising how many go on special offer in the final days:)
    They assume we've thrown them all away:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2018 at 10:49PM
    Options
    I always hang on to coupons until they go out of date. It's surprising how many go on special offer in the final days:)
    They assume we've thrown them all away:)

I don't think right hand talks to the left (or left hand to the right - whatever). It's a bit like the Savoy Cabbage now going up in price in A despite M being cheaper throughout (at least since the A Guarantee ended). It seems, from m.com, M is still cheaper - just now even more so. Even when there was a guarantee at A, and they weren't 10% cheaper, they would still increase some prices. I think the offers and whether or not they were cheaper, or price-matched, to elsewhere can seem to operate independently of each other. Likewise - whoever produced the coupons - somewhere else in the company may be deciding on the offers independently, whether by reference to competitor prices or not.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    QT time :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,095 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone know when the QC comp money will turn up?
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport