Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Freewheeling
    Options
    Morning all!

I spent the last of my APGs today. I think I'll be going to Asda a lot less now. It's not very convenient for me to get there anyway, so it's very unlikely to be worth making a special trip now that the APG has finished.

For those that are having trouble with Wilko and Quido, did somebody say that there Wilko orders are showing as not collected? It's just that mine are showing as 'in progress', even ones from a few months ago so I'm not sure what impact this will have. I've emailed Wilko about it and asked them if they can mark them as 'collected' so I'll see what happens!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Morning all!

For those that are having trouble with Wilko and Quido, did somebody say that there Wilko orders are showing as not collected? It's just that mine are showing as 'in progress', even ones from a few months ago so I'm not sure what impact this will have. I've emailed Wilko about it and asked them if they can mark them as 'collected' so I'll see what happens!

Thanks for this. I have just looked at my order list and as you say they are all marked up as "in progress" Only once have I had the "thank you for your collecting your order" email which is supposed to be generated when they scan something on the order sheet in store.

I've also emailed them via the contact page - maybe its just certain stores that are not doing things correctly.
    I think I have 3 sets of Q cashback bonus orders now - this is the other problem, having so many of them and all from the same store and it taking so long to progress to the paid stage ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :)

I have 2 x sausages on my cosrrp which I will look for this morning. I also have chicken fridge raiders and the funny chai drink but won't be bothering with either of those, the chicken for ethical reasons and the drink because it sounds rank.

Funny weather here. It's kind of warm and sunny but the sky is starting to turn the colours of a bruise :eek:
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:44AM
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

TM you are on a roll with all these good buys Thanks

Did I say I am :smileyhea:smileyhea with my new fitted wardrobes Ok to some this may be strange but it means lots of decluttering of old clothes has been done and its all out of the loft Normally summer/winter rotation

I have been collecting "stuff" for my friends xmas fayre only to discover a lot will not be required Its too good a bargain and acnt go in as it exceeds the value of the general bag :( The blind bags that I was sooooooooo looking forward to making up will not be happening She can use some of it so thinking cap on as I need to clear some of it

I will come back for suggestions once I have improvised on some plans

Take care and stay safe

What type of items do you have?

I was going to go to the m n s sale today, but with the extreme weather conditions, froctober and the nwcoverns advice yesterday that the decent stuff will have gone by now I'm not bothering. :T
    I spent a fortune yesterday in Waities but the moneysaver in me overtook the frocker. .....checks auto correct :rotfl:.....I just couldn't miss out on all those vouchers I got £80.98 worth of shopping for £54.58 and included in that was 3 bottles of chambord, 10 packs of mince, 3 steaks, 10 600ml bottles of tiger beer/ Estella, 2 reusable cups, lots of cash back biscuits, I had a bootful but I'm not adding it to my froctober totals because it was a one off not to be missed.

Freewheeling they had some lovely mugs reduced to £2.85 I've looked on the website to show you but they're not on there. They would go lovely with your hot chocolate, you just need a marshmallow glitch :rotfl:

So instead of shopping today I'm hoping for a nsd instead and I'm going to make dd her nappy wreath. I made one last time with all baby baths, bibs, spoons, dummies and she loved it, this time its mummys turn. I bought loads of the no17 stuff, concealers, mascara, lipsticks so I'm making a mummy wreath.
    If it looks ok I might pop a pic on. Mrs Mac this is why I was asking what items you had maybe you could make some gifts with them.
    I think I'd like to set up a business making nappynwreaths and nappy cakes I'm not sure on demand though, so I'll probably stick to my day job :rotfl:

That was a marathon post, sorry for rambling.
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All :)

Is this COS rrp a special thing? I don't have it :(

Anyway ... the Oppo ice cream is only £3 in Asda and £2.25 back on COS/CS :D Has anyone bought it before? Just wondering if the flavour appears on the receipt?
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,007 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all! Away for the weekend :j
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    What type of items do you have?

I was going to go to the m n s sale today, but with the extreme weather conditions, froctober and the nwcoverns advice yesterday that the decent stuff will have gone by now I'm not bothering. :T
    I spent a fortune yesterday but the moneysaver in me overtook the frocker. .....checks auto correct :rotfl:.....I just couldn't miss out on all those vouchers I got £80.98 worth of shopping for £54.58 and included in that was 3 bottles of chambord, 10 packs of mince, 3 steaks, 10 600ml bottles of tiger beer/ Estella, 2 reusable cups, lots of cash back biscuits, I had a bootful but I'm not adding it to my froctober totals because it was a one off not to be missed.

Freewheeling they had some lovely mugs reduced to £2.85 I've looked on the website to show you but they're not on there. They would go lovely with your hot chocolate, you just need a marshmallow glitch :rotfl:

So instead of shopping today I'm hoping for a nsd instead and I'm going to make dd her nappy wreath. I made one last time with all baby baths, bibs, spoons, dummies and she loved it, this time its mummys turn. I bought loads of the no17 stuff, concealers, mascara, lipsticks so I'm making a mummy wreath.
    If it looks ok I might pop a pic on. Mrs Mac this is why I was asking what items you had maybe you could make some gifts with them.
    I think I'd like to set up a business making nappynwreaths and nappy cakes I'm not sure on demand though, so I'll probably stick to my day job :rotfl:

That was a marathon post, sorry for rambling.

Thank you :), I got a little confused in your post though...where did you see the mugs?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Morning all :)

I have 2 x sausages on my cosrrp which I will look for this morning. I also have chicken fridge raiders and the funny chai drink but won't be bothering with either of those, the chicken for ethical reasons and the drink because it sounds rank.

Funny weather here. It's kind of warm and sunny but the sky is starting to turn the colours of a bruise :eek:

We had this last night, a weird sort of honey coloured sky, a double rainbow and rain lashing down.

I've got to get from A the twisted cheese on my COSrrrp, chicken bites and thin sausages - I am going to offer the sausages on Olio if I can find them, possibly the chicken bites.
    Also I need a set of old Moulds for Q from A
    From T its the mags and the Heineken and Emmi as its on offer in T so only 25p after cashback :).
    I've also got on shopimums 2 freebies - butterkist and kate perrier. Also the Harringtons is on offer but our small store only stocks one version so I need to get to a massive T sometime this weekend.

Its a very complicated shopping list this weekend. I've also got to get to Sports Direct, Greggs, Sainsburys local and Wyevale and none of them are in the same direction ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    pk04 wrote: »
    Morning All :)

Is this COS rrp a special thing? I don't have it :(

Anyway ... the Oppo ice cream is only £3 in Asda and £2.25 back on COS/CS :D Has anyone bought it before? Just wondering if the flavour appears on the receipt?

No idea sorry, I just needed to say i love your signature :rotfl:
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picasso.....one of my wilko orders that I collected this week, is still showing as 'on its way'....so have emailed wilko asking them to update their system to show as collected. Will let you know what reply I get.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure