We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    thankyou looks easy enough for me to attempt.:Di make my own limoncello,1 bottle of alcohol makes 4 bottles.:)
    lovely meeting of the nw covern today and we didnt cause to much chaos in waities.:rotfl:

Oh wow! You make your own! :T

I love limoncello and am coming to an end of my stash from Gibraltar :(

But I do have a surplus of these:

rvxbeu.jpg

Which I used to make my "medicine " - but have enough medicine to last my life now :o

So do you think I could limoncello from this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :A
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I may be leaving this thread soon...

Then again, I may not:rotfl:.

You don't know whether I am leaving it or not. So, what was the point?!? (In other words, what was the point of even saying something like that in the first place?)

Confusing.

Don't leave. It is good on here, I like it because I don't heave to be constantly on here, no pressures, and everyone posts whatever they want.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just bought another item with an APG voucher in A and, surprise surprise, I didn't have to change my item to fit the voucher value and wasn't able to buy a further item with the voucher due to an even lower price, as the item I had planned for is unchanged in price in A:(.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2018 at 8:21PM
    Options
    I'll try to stop banging on about this but I did have to laugh at the price on the McCoy's Ridge Cut Crisps that I saw on an aisle end in my A just now.

Now £1 - there's your even lower price on them:rotfl::rotfl:. £1.50 before, for the muggles - now £1!:D Making no saving on the 3 for £3 mbuy that many of them would have gone for before. Bet they still buy in threes on £1 straight each or, now, have such short memories they don't even remember:rotfl:. They never paid attention in the first place. Obviously well dear:eek::eek: now the glitch involving them ended on 3rd October.

Ah, the aisle end - obviously trying to make people buy them off a prominent place, but we know better.

Now simply at a normal, regular, rotated, bog-standard offer price that other stores put on and nothing better than that. There seems almost always to be £1 elsewhere, or equivalent, or they go from £1 to full price and back again (occasionally cheaper) elsewhere so are almost sure to be back on same £1 again soon - I think we have the tactics of all the supermarkets now laid bare.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    For the avoidance of doubt, this is the one we need:)

I got a few today:T:T

I walked past the stand once thinking it was empty and then realised that the inner support had fallen over. I found a few lurking at the bottom:D

831-F15-AE-7-C50-43-ED-975-C-46478-EDB41-BA.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    The trousers I bought are a regular wide legged cropped but being a shortie they fit me like normal trousers. :D

It's easy to get carried away at those prices. I have got a pair of jeans for DD1 one size bigger than she usually wears for post pregnancy, jeans can be very hit and miss on the fit can't they but I decided at £3.49 instead of £35 it is worth the risk. :cool:

Also a swimming costume and bikini for DD2, which I am chancing the sizing if not they can go to the charity shop, will keep Mr TS in work somehow. :rotfl:

Reminds me apparently there are some really difficult to spot fake £20 notes in circulation. The charity shop got stung with one the other day even though they have the ultra violet pens. :(

Pleased you got some good bargains TS

Will the 20% off on our sparks card apply to the 90% off making them -10%:rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    All I've got on my Sparks card is 20% off when I buy FOUR cases of wine!

Unsure if you know but it's the 20% off friends and family this weekend and codes are going in the recycling bin:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    RRP offer n COS free 8 pack twisted G strings from Sada.
    Good to burn PAGS

:o

They're bad enough normal never mind twisted;)

Honestly:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps.

The double up has been confirmed as 12th-18th November........

Hope I can wait that long for wine!

I hope my iron will last:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts