• 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    How's your sis today bubbs?
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can you tell me in simple terms what the trigger is and well done finding it:T:T:T
    Heinz lentil and bacon soup in the 5 for £3, is the trigger.n lots in the 5 for £3 so look round :)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    Thanks to the finders, tester and course 3dogs :)

soup didn't compare favourably but i'm happy with a small APG of £23.46 :)

11 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    1x Heinz Oxtail Soup (400g)£0.95 £0.95
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk)£0.69 £0.69
    1x ASDA Smart Price Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)£0.25 £0.25
    1x Heinz Mulligatawny Soup (400g)£0.95 £0.95
    1x Baylis & Harding Jojoba, Silk & Almond Oil Benefit Set (each)£12.00 £5.00
    1x Ainsley Harriott Cream of Wild Mushroom Cup Soup (75g)£1.00 £0.50
    1x Heinz Beef Broth (400g)£0.95 £0.95
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each)£0.50 £0.45
    1x ASDA Ibuprofen 200mg Caplets 16 Pack (200mg)£0.25 £0.35
    2x Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Benefit Set (each)£24.00 £10.00

Unfortunately, although the trigger is Heinz, it's the Baxters soups needed. The ones at individual more expensive price - and they are 4 for £3 at T and 75p each at S. The ones I bought earlier worked against both stores - would have worked against S too but I bought vs T:eek: - no-one told me about S at that time:rotfl: - they are Royal Game, Scotch Broth, Minestrone and Country Garden Veg. I have seen other combinations working, but just to confirm that that mix and match vs T is picked up. My shop vs T did not of course work completely well:(:mad:. I was originally going to get 6 sweets at 60p A total vs T 6 for 50p. However, I had done a different shop earlier, before the soup glitch came to my notice, and bought enough sweets on that shop, so I decided I didn't need any more and, having just enough items:eek:, I bought two SP Minced Veg pasties, hoping they might, on and off, compare 30p vs 30p on the APG. Sadly I did not check t.com beforehand as they have gone up to 39p each there:mad::mad:. I therefore lost 10p on the shop, would have been better to have bought the sweets:p.

It basically is equivalent to losing the 10% on the Linda McCartney sausages that I bought, a rare purchase of them as there is no glitch and, really, 6 sausages for 90p:eek: is a bit steep(:laugh:) when Quorn's 8 pack go to £1 offers from time to time.

I saw the shop earlier where one of us tried to target M and ended up with vs T. We should have swapped places and me do vs M, as my vs T shops are doomed to fail - I am fine with vs M and, I hope, with vs S as well (as I still have time to wait before the 2 hour check is up - also going out so won't be here anyway - see you later:wave:).
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Heinz lentil and bacon soup in the 5 for £3, is the trigger.n lots in the 5 for £3 so look round :)

I nearly bought the Classic Lentil by mistake. I thought the Lentil & Bacon needed was, typically, the only one my store didn't have. I saw Lentil (that it seems to me now would not have worked) and was nearly close to buying that instead but then, eventually, I saw the Lentil & Bacon was there - after staring:eek: around the shelves for way too long - and fortunately I got that. It just highlights how important it is to stick to the exact item. Thanks to the OP for the original glitch.:T:)
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    38 days till Christmas :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked FB -
    Eldest child and her OH did their final uni year with an American girl and they were all best mates - all graduated 7 years ago this weekend
    Best mate came over for the wedding in March - much rejoicing as it was the first time they had met since uni :T
    Best mate has recently moved across US - moved job, home and dog to LA and yesterday she had dinner with the other American couple - this is the chap Eldest childs OH was best mates with when he did his first 3 uni years with - again he went back To US after uni.
    So all three Americans all now live and work in LA and can meet up :T

The first time all 3 Americans met was 2 days before the wedding, we all went out for drinks and dinner out and as soon as they met they clicked - 3 Americans in one small room, well you can imagine the excitement and shrieks and the noise level :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    38 days till Christmas :D

I used to like you!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc, be careful about getting cheap iphone screens.

I went to a local IT repair shop. They gave me a screen that is impossible to read in daylight and overheats with minimal use

I would have had them refund my money/do it again....had I not broken the screen again the day after they repaired it!! (and I don't think the screen would have broken had it been a proper screen that they put on)

Where the screen is now broken has affected the sensitivity of the keyboard so now when I write anything there are numerous spelling mistakes. It's the main reason that I post less on here whenever I'm out and about

I'm making do with it until next month when the missus is upgrading her phone and I can inherit her handset
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • nettiebobs
    nettiebobs Posts: 344 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2017 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Oh my goodness aaarrrggghhh you gave me a secret snigger with your post just now.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh, it's gone....
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Middle of November is very significant for us - have a read of this freeky set of coincidences

Eldest son signed his oath 7 years ago today - officially joining the army.

Then 2 days later, 2010 we were up in York at the graduation of Eldest child, her OH and the Best Mate.

Today last year all the girls were out in Dusseldorf on Eldest childs hen do weekend, : D - and incidentally Eldest child got a promotion and pay rise the same weekend :)

We collected our new to us car from the garage, replacing my deceased car, 4 years ago this week

And going even further back my mums birthday was 18th and OHs mum was November 22nd ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure