Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc, about a year ago, I broke the screen on my iPad and we took it into a phone/computer shop in Lymington and they charged me £100. When I got it back, the screen was quite loose, and when I pressed I got nothing or loads, so I was typing gobbledegook. Took it back twice but accepted it was never going to be the same again. It is now usable but I know it isn't quite right :mad:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2017 at 11:41PM
    Options
    Just planning my waities expedition tomorrow I need to plan within an inch of my life as I have mum every Saturday (as due to her Alzheimers she cannot be on her own... we are aiming at keeping her out of residential for as long as possible (sadly I don't think it will be long).

I have:-

Mince beef
    Cubed beef
    Fairy
    Toilet roll

Is there any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Walkers sensations nuts - Sweet chilli and honey flavours are £2 each, 2 for £2 and on MyP with 20% off, so £1.20 for 2.

Toilet rolls are more expensive at the moment.

HTH

Anon
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Walkers sensations nuts - Sweet chilli and honey flavours are £2 each, 2 for £2 and on MyP with 20% off, so £1.20 for 2.

Toilet rolls are mor exo Brice at the moment.

HTH

Anon

Thanks, my lot are not keen of flavoured nuts - if it was plain nuts they would eat a huge packet in one go :D:D:D

I don't understand the toilet rolls comment sorry x

:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »

Toilet rolls are mor exo Brice at the moment.

HTH

Anon

Did you go to the same phone repair shop as me?
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vs S

1x Gordon's Special London Dry Gin (1l) £16.00 £15.00
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, my lot are not keen of flavoured nuts - if it was plain nuts they would eat a huge packet in one go :D:D:D

I don't understand the toilet rolls comment sorry x

:p:p:p:p:p:p
    aau1 wrote: »
    Did you go to the same phone repair shop as me?

Edited, sorry.

It does my head in - my iOS auto correct makes more random changes and comments than i do :o.

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Heinz tinned soups are not wrong - they are best vs S at 75p each (but unfortunately that doesn't appear on the trigger itself).
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 12:18AM
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Heinz tinned soups are not wrong - they are best vs S at 75p each (but unfortunately that doesn't appear on the trigger itself).

But waitrose is a lot Cheaper for the tomato one. If you know what your doing. apart from Locarr and bubbs no one bothers to listen. So not best vs just get to in w
    Had too many to post amount. It less than 40p
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 18 November 2017 at 12:33AM
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Evening folks :wave: Today seems very long with getting up at 8.30 this morning :o I'm covering a shift tomorrow too, but that is 1-4 so a little later getting up :D

Yes, as others have said, you mixed up different priced items. If getting different items in one shop, you need to make sure that they are the same price in A. Oddly, the Alberto Balsam damage repair shampoo works but not the conditioner, in a T shop. It's been commented on over last few days about the Nivea Q10, comparing or not comparing, but it is just v W now unfortunately, though still a good deal after cashback

That'll be due to those dicey comps., versus T:rotfl:. I had thought locarr still did quite well as the comp. for the Alberto Balsams still worked, although against T at £1.50 rather than M £1. However, I hadn't noticed that the individual prices had been mixed up which, of course, makes it worse.

As for early starts, you seem to be like me, one day very early, the next getting up late. I have had starts for M going out at seven a.m. sometimes and not back until past midnight. It is a bit better now but still 9am:eek:(:rotfl:) - really, my 'natural' hours would be 11am-3am (and that's Greenwich Mean Time:p), though of late I am thinking 1pm-5am is more like it:rotfl: - I am, really, nocturnal. I work better in the middle of the night than I do mid-morning, always have (mid-morning is, confusingly, around 10am-midday rather than 6am - actually I am fine at 6am rather than 8am, but more so if I've stopped up till 6am rather than got up at that unearthly, dreadful hour to wake up at - I would sooner get up at 4am though rather than horrible 7am-8am, possibly the worst option of all and the very one that much of our society operates by:( - and many people seem to want 9-5 moved to 8-4. No thank you - why not 10-6 instead? Far better!:rotfl:).

I am not usually out until midnight from M anymore as not got that time or, more so, wanting to cut out driving. I would want M to be open throughout the night though, as that would be, by far, the easiest way and with exclusively SS of unlimited scanning and cancellations allowed. When I went out the other night, which wasn't middle of the night, the journey would have taken 40 minutes longer each way if it had been during the day as there were roadworks and heavy traffic. So, I saved a lot by going out at night, not just time but, obviously, worst stuck in jams with petrol being wasted that happens if you travel at peak hours - it is generally much better travelling at night and generally doing things at any time when most people are not doing them, as long as you avoid road closures that can happen at night sometimes. I just find doing the complete opposite to most other people is the best way, on going out to shopping, on picking up wombles (after they have all left) and shopping the complete contrary matter to them:money:. The worst time to travel (at least not on foot) is at peak hours obviously and, I think, travelling by foot in build-up areas at those hours is not very good either due to the pollution. I did alright today - as just after 5pm, on a Friday, seemed to be fine and coming back just after 6 wasn't much traffic either. A little bit on the way out of A but then, soon after, it was all plain sailing:T (maybe I just timed it right and got lucky this time).
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    No she ignored it :p:p

Haha no you didn’t. As your polite. And you would have thanked. But admit you spotted the hidden writing for once:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure