Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    akshayv wrote: »
    hi
    I am very heavy, my feet are sensitive, Plantar fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Arthritis. Nothing I have purchased before including at the Podiatrist office has been this durable and this comfortable. I know I will buy more in the future as they wear out. If you are thinking about it, don't, your feet will thank you, I know mine have by being painless. orthofeet is very comfortable.
    Insoles (spam)
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pepper77 wrote: »
    Insoles (spam)
    spam insoles are good for feet ? :eek::eek::rotfl:
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Just press the button :rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Anytime after Saturday we will be fully ready for all comers - the chocolate is being hidden though, we know you will only show up when you have eaten your own body weight and have run out :rotfl:

Errant son went off on the 6th whilst we were still away.
    He left the car on the works car park so we could collect it when we got back a few days later - OHs mate by chance met him on the carpark, good thing too. Errant son had his envelope with his cash in just perched on the top of a carrier bag - £500 :eek:
    Eldest child had arranged to meet him in London to give him lunch before he went for his flight. She told him where to go and directions, turn left out of Euston. He got hideously lost (bear in mind he was in Kent for 8 months and working in London at least once day a week so well used to finding his way around) , Eldest child was frantic as she had taken time off work to meet him and the constant messaging from Errant son flattened her phone - she accidently found him on Euston road, somehow he had managed to make his way through the less salubrious bits behind Euston station and it never occurred to him to use google maps :mad:
    So she gave him the rough side of her tongue and told him exactly what her opinion of him was, gave him lunch and put him on the tube an hour early as she was sick of the sight of him.

She also gave him a card with £30 in local currency so that he would have money for a nice meal on Christmas day. He was told not to open it until Christmas.

Not one of us have had a message or a call from him since he left. With my last wi fi minites I sent him a message on the 7th asking if he had arrived which I know he received but ignored - we know he is alive because there have been a couple of FB postings.

Eldest son is still mad at him but we are just resigned, been through it before, once he is out of here we don't exist.

He is out there until the 3rd of January

From my experience they only really appreciate their parents when they have children of their own. Have a lovely Xmas
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Thank you Westie will do :)

I am going to have a word with vet and ask her.
    Tweets,

When I got Charlie, my rescue spaniel, he got his booster and didn't seem to feel very well afterwards. So I read up a bit on dog vaccinations, and as Westie said, it seems young dogs need them to guard against parvovirus etc, but older dogs carry the immunity. So Charlie never had a booster again!

Vets of course, argue that it's better to get them. :rotfl:
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I have an iRobot hoover. It is absolutely brilliant and I can't live without it. The first one died just after the warranty expired but the present one has outlived the JLewis 5 year extended warranty.

My roomba needs a new battery, I just have been lax in ordering it, I will say that it needs cleaning all the time as my boy is long haired and the brushes get covered and it gets stuck on the base of the bar stools and won't go on the kitchen rug as it's black and thinks it's on a cliff:rotfl: other than that it is good:D
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 December 2017 at 3:09PM
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    anyone else tried these please.

i tried 18 packs of cheddar and a happy down, about an hr ago. receipt was rejected stating no date showing :eek::( there was.
    anyway i just resubmitted, ill update if i get results through before i go to work. teach me to be gready

edited, ive now only been paid for the happy down
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,070 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It's good money making. :(:(:(

A cat or dog once it has had its initial vaccines will have immunity for life. "Boosting" antibodies is a con, all it does is harm to the pet.

If interested google Bob Rogers a texan vet who took entire US veterinary fraternity and the pharmaceutical companies to court and won.
    tweets wrote: »
    Will see what she says lol. Trouble is Poppy struggles with anal glands and need them cleaning regular so need vets for that . Today will be having them done.

I had to have my 2 cats vaccinated due to them going in catteries when I went on holiday or they couldn't go.

My other 2 dogs never had them and where fine,

After reading on, I think most points about the above have been covered. Whilst I agree totally with Westy, especially where cats are concerned, kennels and dog sitters insist on the animals being up to date with injections, so its a necessary evil. Also, knowing insurance companies, any excuse not to pay, and they will use it.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lynx bags are still comparing.
    Pringles good for fillers 1.25 v 1 T.
    Thanks curlgirl.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    After reading on, I think most points about the above have been covered. Whilst I agree totally with Westy, especially where cats are concerned, kennels and dog sitters insist on the animals being up to date with injections, so its a necessary evil. Also, knowing insurance companies, any excuse not to pay, and they will use it.

ive never had anything beyond the initial puppy/kitten jabs and all mine ailed for nothing and reached a grand age. Can you not select injections are not up to date on your insurance quote and then those illnesses would be just excluded ? xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    All three colours of the Loreal Lip Crackers came back N/A this morning from a shop done at 8.00 am.

Took them back on the way home, as I had paid cash for them. Thought it may be a bit dodgy now.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport