🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning good folk.....Good news this morning...My big beautiful Sis is making the journey up today.....So looking forward to seeing her and my BIL....Yippeeeee.:j:j

Hope you all have great days...Mine has started off amazing.....

:xmastree::xmassign::santa2:

Oh thats brilliant !
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    anyone else tried these please.

I have this morning waiting for it to be confifmed/rejected.:cool:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's great....my mind will rest knowing you will be taken care of...:p[/QUOTE

Oh yes marmie I have to have my needs taken care of whatever they may be :p:D
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    My place needs hoovered every day, it doesn't get it:o, my 04 sticks to carpet so much I cannot hoover but that's because the footbed has lines on it to stop that but mine are worn away with the slate floor, this new 41 just glides across the carpet so easier that way but my wrists don't do the changing direction well that the ball causes.

I have an iRobot hoover. It is absolutely brilliant and I can't live without it. The first one died just after the warranty expired but the present one has outlived the JLewis 5 year extended warranty.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning good folk.....Good news this morning...My big beautiful Sis is making the journey up today.....So looking forward to seeing her and my BIL....Yippeeeee.:j:j

Hope you all have great days...Mine has started off amazing.....

:xmastree::xmassign::santa2:

Lovely marmie.
    Enjoy your family time. :)
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Possible glitch or RTC on ladies Christmas socks in T:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-glitch-ladies-socks-scanning-at-1-and-3-for-2-instore-2860996

Reduced to £1 and 342.

HTH

Anon
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Collected foot cushions, filled up with petrol, topped up gas account for the next few weeks, collected package from PO, took library books back and got 6 more out as they close for a fortnight, and nipped into Co op to use a moc expiring today. So that's all of my time-sensitive jobs done, apart from one apg that needs using by 24th.

My moc was for 'Foil, clingfilm and disposable items.' Found wrapping foil at 59p so 9 pence spent, and received another tillspit moc for 50p off chocs and sweets. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 December 2017 at 12:54PM
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Snap...thats fabulous news about your sister....been a long time coming and an emotional drain on you all....I really hope the treatment can finally give some relief x

What time would you like us to arrive mhoc...it sounds the perfect family gathering for you all over the christmas period...a little bit of you and OH time punctuated with the family too....

When is our lovely elite son going off to foreign lands to be with his wife?...I bet they are excited to be spending christmas together too....

Anytime after Saturday we will be fully ready for all comers - the chocolate is being hidden though, we know you will only show up when you have eaten your own body weight and have run out :rotfl:

Errant son went off on the 6th whilst we were still away.
    He left the car on the works car park so we could collect it when we got back a few days later - OHs mate by chance met him on the carpark, good thing too. Errant son had his envelope with his cash in just perched on the top of a carrier bag - £500 :eek:
    Eldest child had arranged to meet him in London to give him lunch before he went for his flight. She told him where to go and directions, turn left out of Euston. He got hideously lost (bear in mind he was in Kent for 8 months and working in London at least once day a week so well used to finding his way around) , Eldest child was frantic as she had taken time off work to meet him and the constant messaging from Errant son flattened her phone - she accidently found him on Euston road, somehow he had managed to make his way through the less salubrious bits behind Euston station and it never occurred to him to use google maps :mad:
    So she gave him the rough side of her tongue and told him exactly what her opinion of him was, gave him lunch and put him on the tube an hour early as she was sick of the sight of him.

She also gave him a card with £30 in local currency so that he would have money for a nice meal on Christmas day. He was told not to open it until Christmas.

Not one of us have had a message or a call from him since he left. With my last wi fi minites I sent him a message on the 7th asking if he had arrived which I know he received but ignored - we know he is alive because there have been a couple of FB postings.

Eldest son is still mad at him but we are just resigned, been through it before, once he is out of here we don't exist.

He is out there until the 3rd of January
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    We’ve had to use a cattery a couple of times and they insist on seeing booster records before they will take the cat in.

We took our cat for her booster so that we could put her into the cattery when we were going away. Sadly she died about 5 weeks after and I do wonder if the injection had something to do with her death? The worst thing for me was that Mum decided to look after her instead, so the booster was unnecessary as well.....:(:A

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    I have this morning waiting for it to be confifmed/rejected.:cool:

paid out.:)now if someone can just remind me of all the emails and passwords i used for rsh from when we used to get loads of vouchers as i have thrown my list away and i know theres vouchers on some still.:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport