Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    This time of year does seem to be grind, grind, grind :(

We improved the weekend considerably.

Drove to Edinburgh (madness)! Went to the National Museum of Scotland where DD had a ball looking at animals and various other things, a nice lunch and a wee coffee on the way back home. There are probably better ways to spend £35, but our pocket money is there for fun :)

Then a family roast dinner (leftover from yesterday's family roast dinner) and Mrs E is currently trying to coax DD into the land of nod :rotfl:

£1.39 paid off a CC
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds great :)
    The National Museum is fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    It is snowing :)

£2.14 paid off a CC.

Trying to read "Reset" by David Sawyer, but I am finding it heavy going, suspect that I am not the target audience. While he makes references to people on more "typical" (quotes for my feeling that it's an unusual depiction of what is typical, not actual quote) salaries, I'm finding it difficult to get past the apparent assumption that £80k+ is a typical household income...)
  • beanielou
    Options
    80k. :eek:
    Even a quarter of that would be good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow! Yep, I have my bills covered, but a quarter of £80k would give me a lot of extra holidays each year :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £22.95 paid off a CC.

Had a daddy daughter day today, but it did not go well. DD has been upset at school this week and distracted/disobedient outside of it. I am unsure if this is delayed reaction to recent death of a family pet, being 3, or both.

I also had a very busy, frustrating work week with some conflict and have not been taking care of myself with diet or exercise.

This needs to change - the black dog is chomping on the scruff of my neck :(
  • beanielou
    Options
    Nothing worse than conflict at work :(

With DD as you say most likely a combination of all three.

Hope you can enjoy your weekend.

• edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Nothing worse than conflict at work :(

With DD as you say most likely a combination of all three.

Hope you can enjoy your weekend.

I rose above Beanie, but it left a bitter taste in the mouth!
  • beanielou
    Options
    I rose above Beanie, but it left a bitter taste in the mouth!

It does.
    I used to really really hate office politics :(

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear its been a difficult week, another one who detests office politics - one of the many reasons I took up self employment.

My nieces' family pet recently died and I suggested a couple of books that might help a wee one to understand/deal with the loss. Its hard when they are that age for them to understands [my GN is 4 and finds it confusing]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback