The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Leg0 offer a service where you can request missing pieces from a new set for free (errors do happen, after all) and I *think* Playm0bil do the same. You can also buy pieces for 2nd hand sets at a reasonable cost

I've emailed them thanks greent, will expect them sent out gratis as missing from an expensive set :)
  • edinburgher
    Options
    A terrible night last night - DD wailing and moaning! We will need to get her more exercise today.

We also managed to miss the bins, which means that we're going to have to last 3 weeks with a paper and cardboard bin that is already 80% full :eek:

£14.09 paid off a CC
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Maybe chat up your neighbours to see if they have some space in their bins, or consider "a dump run" . I checked our LA site this morning on the same subject, and posted a quick summary on the Village face-ache page
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Maybe chat up your neighbours to see if they have some space in their bins, or consider "a dump run" . I checked our LA site this morning on the same subject, and posted a quick summary on the Village face-ache page

Good idea SL, we also have a few local recycling drop offs that are a bit less daunting than the tip, although there's a good chance they will be rammed. I think I can last another week or so before having to resort to this, let's hope they have all been emptied by then.

We had an enjoyable trip to see butterflies today, always one of DD's favourites. Not the cheapest of days out, but it's warm, indoors and gets us out of the house. We also picked up a few small decorations and foodie items at 50% off in the nearby garden centre, so not spending too much money.

£14.93 paid off a CC (tomorrow's payment early as I was spreadsheeting already).
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Our "top-up" bin is the Village Hall opposite. It usually waits about 6 weeks before being emptied but is full size as normal levels of waste are small. When there is a quiz I top my bin up with the card containers that the food is delivered in so feel no guilt in using their bin when I need to - 70 take-away boxes takes up lots of space (fish, chicken or scampi anyone?). Tomorrow is bin day here and I have Christmas boxes for our dustmen as they are sweeties and it is a miserable job that I appreciate - just a drink but really a gesture to say thank you
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Feeling hellish today. DD has a nasty chesty cough and made herself sick twice last night (the second time with me sitting next to her catching the vomit in a blanket)! :eek:

Exhausted after staying up 'til after midnight washing 3 loads of laundry...

On the positive(ish) front, we have put away our Christmas decorations as the cat has been a total PITA this year :rotfl:

Off for a bite to eat for lunch and then we're going for a family walk to blow away the cobwebs.

£82.80 paid off a CC.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that you & DD are on the mend really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope that you & DD are on the mend really soon.

It's getting worse before it gets better! Mrs E was sick last night, now I have the lurgy (was awake from 3-6 before getting back to sleep). Am blasting it with water, Lems1p-type things and vitamins.

£9.31 paid off a CC.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Oh no, I hope you all feel a bit better in time for Hogmanay
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling rough, I swear it hits a lot of people between Christmas and New Year! Hope you all feel better soon. :heart2:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business