The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday turned into one of those lovely unscheduled days where you end up having fun despite a total lack of planning. We had a brief walk in a wintery park, a natter with the in-laws and a tasty family dinner in the early evening. We also managed to watch the end of "It's a Wonderful Life and I cracked open the new Nigel Slater book I sprang for after it dropped to less than a tenner on Am@zon.

Not much planned for today other than working my socks off - our team is now permanently down a body :eek:

£1.59 paid off a CC. I may make my :santa2: target this week (about £7 to go), but it's largely dependent on how quickly my mobile phone provider sends on my cashback (silly contract with periodic cashback built in).

Have a good day all - off to work :coffee:

Ps. It's beginning to look a lot like :xmastree:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday turned into one of those lovely unscheduled days where you end up having fun despite a total lack of planning.
    :snow_grin that sounds gorgeous.
    Ps. It's beginning to look a lot like :xmastree:
    Yes it is :rudolf: I have the Christmas lunch of my walking group today :rudolf:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You will meet your target :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You will meet your target :)

£1.55 paid off a CC - £5.80 to go to :santa2: target

Think target after that will be £15,000 :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    All good then :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Options
    I AM SO SKINT!
    I AM SO SKINT!
    I AM SO SKINT!
    MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS IS HERE!
    MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS IS HERE!

My favourite carol :D

£1.54 paid off a CC, £2 to go to make :santa2: target of £16,499.

One Christmas present left to buy and some flowers for a rellie with a birthday during the holiday season, £75 left in the present budget for the year.

Will just about make it
  • beanielou
    Options
    You will make it :j :j

• Suffolk_lass
    Options
    That is so impressive. I have just reflected on your post in the summer, where debt was mildly uncontrolled (never totally, in your world, I think) but you had made some home and family choices and that money was maintaining payments and not positively contributing to family life. It is all going the other way, with mindful spending and conscious debt reduction.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Two pounds to go .....
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Will today be the day? :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback