Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary

Options

Comments

• Hazelnutty
    Options
    Have you got anything in writing e.g. an email to confirm you'd work your notice? A firm, formal letter requesting payment may do the trick, setting a deadline for payment after which you'll consult a solicitor? Might be worth popping over to the employment board for some expert advice though...
    Choose kind:)
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you legal cover on your house insurance ?
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    My manager chased the owner. Payment went into my bank this evening.
    Thank god for that.! Feel so relieved it's sorted.
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Hello beautiful people of my diary world

I have done a rough calculation in my head and providing I can get .£5k for my car
    By the end of November we should have achieved the following

Paid off the remaining of our debts
    Have 5k in our emergency fund
    Have £1000 in our house fund
    Brought the kids Xmas presents

I'm feeling happy now I know where we are at financially after a few weeks of worry

Off to bed now ... Might actually get a decent night's sleep tonight :)
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I'm glad to hear you got your pay sorted. Well done on all that you have achieved.
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I hope you are all well and had a good weekend.

We went out for a meal last night for our anniversary later in the month. We had a voucher so all in including parking we spent £9 .

Working tomorrow. Tomorrow evening and Tuesday I'm going to do a skip run and eBay listing and my diploma work . Then back in work Wednesday , Friday and Sunday. Total of 38 hours this week .

I also have some work for the following week (about 36 hours) so far.

This money will go up for bills as I still don't know when I'll be starting my 'new job' I'm currently relying on agency work to see us through.

I'll put what we need away for bills and everything else will go into savings . My plan now is too have 2k in the house fund by the end of the year as well as all the debt paid off and 5k in our emergency fund.

Anything extra would be a bonus.

We have only really spent money on essentials (not including our £9 night out) :money:

Off to bed shortly as have an early start tomorrow. Need to leave home around 6.30am

Boys are back at school tomorrow.
    Tomorrows plan
    Work
    School
    Homework
    Diploma
    eBay listing
    Sort the kitchen out (deep clean and declutter)

Tuesday's plan
    School
    Doctors
    Diploma
    eBay listing
    Skip run

Night all
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Afternoon all ,
    Just on school run getting eldest.
    Did my first shift with agency today. Left at 5.30 this morning. Knackered . Have a killer headache thanks to a cold I have.
    NSD today .

Hoping to get some stuff done when I get home then an early night

Have a good evening all xx
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Really pleased you got the pay you were owed :)
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Thank you hazelnutty it was a relief definitely .

Just trying to figure my shifts for next week. Think I'm going to work most days to try and earn as much as possible. Especially with Xmas next month.

My car should be finished this week ... So as of next week I should be able to sort the debt and savings out :j :money:
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Excellent - it makes such a difference mentally when we can get things sorted out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport