Paying off debt to freedom

Options

Comments

• camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    It's tough isn't it!

Today jobs so far, went into Natwest who have agreed to refinance my 18.9% loan at a lower rate of 16%, not crazy different, but better nonetheless, they also agreed to finance my overdraft which is apparently 19.9% + a charge of £6 and a daily something ontop, into the 16% loan.

My MBNA, some of the 6.9% rate comes to an end, so got that added into the loan amount.
    I have just submitted payslips, they seemed to basically say it had been approved.

I also spoke to TESCO Bank to close my unused credit card (1k limit only), they offered me 36 months interest free balance transfer for £850, so I moved over some of the credit card debt to that also. They could not increase my limit, which is a shame as I could have got more debt moved to 0%.

I did an experian checker thing, it said I was only eligible for VANQUIS and Capital One credit cards, so no chance of interest free anywhere else for the time being.

It feels like things are moving in the right direction, a few fees to be paid to shuffle the finances around but overall longer term saving.

On another note, I was driving into my client today out of London, a guy was pulling out onto the junction when I was coming down a 40mph road. I almost ran into him, he then came up behind me tailgating me for about 2 miles. When he pulled up next to me he spat at my car and started punching my wing mirror and trying to damage the car... I couldn't help myself I had a Lucozade bottle in the car, one of the sport ones, but I had filled it up with a redbull as the can had been leaking, just picked up the bottle and squirted it out the window all over him lol. He was so flustered he couldn't even figure out closing his window. I hope his car stinks of red bull lol. It was self defence, meant I could get away!! Seriously what is wrong with some people though, I would never dream of behaving like that.

So much drama going on in my life at the minute, I really feel like karma or some demons are out to get me haha. Like it's one bad luck thing after another and I just don't get it!

Diets been quite bad, ate Chinese today and 3 redbulls (client has them for free in their office), yesterday ate a full tub of ice cream. Been at the gym though for 4 hours today, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I'm not too worried, I usually lose my abs in the winter months, lifes too short to be controlling diet all year round. :beer:
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    Definitely looks like things are going in the right direction money wise, well done.
    OMG i cant believe some people behave like that, haha for throwing red bull at him, sticky cars are an !!!! to clean lol. he sure deserved it though.

Diet! whats one of those. If you restrict the things you enjoy you are more likely to overindulge and therefore feel crap that youve over eaten and hence eat more to compensate for feeling crap....viscous circle
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
    [STRIKE]H+M £72.89[/STRIKE] NEXT £319.56 22.9%APR BARCLAY CARD £352.90 26.43%APR ARGOS CARD£38.26/ £698.02 29.9%APR VERY £221.19/ £1825.21 47.9%APR :eek:
  • camz2017
    Options
    In all honesty he was a short as*, not particularly good looking, voice like a girl, overall looked like a bit of a clown. I just thought lol you probably haven’t got laid in a very long time. Quite amusing really.

Agreed on the food front, I can be quite controlled, in the past I’ve done months straight of carb cycling and gym, with almost no sugar. It’s so tough but worth it when you’re going abroad or whatever and feel good in yourself. I’m doing ok right now hovering around 10% body fat so still low, just don’t wanna get to 15% or something which will be hard to recover from. I’m bad though can eat over 4000 calories days in a row quite easily and obviously I don’t have the metabolism of 5 years ago.

Works tough today, just want to chill and put my feet up. Did a workout 5am to 7am and it’s made me feel really sick and lethargic, I could have slept for hours after, but had to come to work!

Anyway today’s a good day :)
  • camz2017
    Options
    Messed up today. Got the house to myself today until Saturday, so walking around in just my boxers. I couldn’t resist ordered five guys burger delivery to the house, not budgeted for, so will have to reduce my lunch or grocery budget tomorrow.

Sitting in the living room, I literally never use this place, we are on second floor and a busy London double decker stopped outside the window. Think about 20 people started at me sitting here in my boxers... didn’t know what to do so waved looool. I can’t be bothered to get up so might happen again!!
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    haha sorry but couldnt help but laugh out loud at that. your ears will be burning tonight when they are all telling friends and family what they saw on their evening bus journey hahaha
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
    [STRIKE]H+M £72.89[/STRIKE] NEXT £319.56 22.9%APR BARCLAY CARD £352.90 26.43%APR ARGOS CARD£38.26/ £698.02 29.9%APR VERY £221.19/ £1825.21 47.9%APR :eek:
  • camz2017
    Options
    I was really embarrassed initially but then thought how is it any different to sharing a beach pic to however many thousands of people on instagram. Hey maybe I will find a new girlfriend, she might come riding past just to look out for me and next thing dating, kids, and making spaghetti together. :)
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Maybe you just brightened up a whole bus-load of peoples day!! lol
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    Brilliant, thats what all rom com movies portray. Good luck to you with that one lol
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
  • camz2017
    Options
    Got my Monzo Current Account today - yay! I can now just topup my card with my monthly allowance and be done with.

I'm also part way through developing a fitness iPhone app and developing a fitness programme, considering how I might launch it and what I need to do if I choose to charge for it, but that's a long way away from completion. I've got a few thousand instagram followers, so I think I could get some initial takeup and go from there. It's possibly a second stream of income to throw at my debts, I've also really considered going back to doing some Personal Training on weekends / evenings, can bring in £50 an hour. It was really rewarding, used to get some nice messages when ppl saw results, likewise had plenty of people who couldn't hack it and clearly hated me lol.

Decisions, decisions, overall issue is I'm already pressed for time! I don't stop as it is.
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    Just my 2pence worth but if you can fit it in then do some pt work as thats quick instant money. If youre short of spare time then keep plugging away at developing and releasing the app, like you say you have a decent size following on insta and we all know thats a great platform to launch products from
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure