Paying off debt to freedom

Options

Comments

• camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    My day just escalated to me being in a super bad mood by the time I got the tube home, likes one of them moods where I just want to frustrate people. It was so busy, and some mega short fat guy was behind me leaning against the doors between the tube carriages. I on purposely just backed up as close to him as I could be, I swear his nose was touching my back at some stages. I knew I was really annoying him as he kept on purposely knocking my back lol but I literally couldn't have cared less. When I'm in a super bad mood I become major sadistic I swear. Anyway I think I was just lacking sugar, on this health kick I'm doing I've totally cut it out, came home and had a lucozade orange, back to being nice and smiley.

On another note, went to my client at around 2PM, they have free soda, snack bars and chocolate, so as I left the kitchen was empty, filled my gym bag with 6 coca colas, 12 cereal bars and 4 big galaxy bars lol. The client is always like "help yourself" so I certainly did. Walked home looking all fit and healthy with my gym bag full of junk foods. Anyway, the point is, free food = money saved!
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    Free food! woohoo!!! Nothing better than a freebie.
    I get super grumpy and !!!!ed off if i dont have my morning coffee so totally understand how lack of sugar can put you in a grouchy mood. Hope you have a stress free evening
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
    [STRIKE]H+M £72.89[/STRIKE] NEXT £319.56 22.9%APR BARCLAY CARD £352.90 26.43%APR ARGOS CARD£38.26/ £698.02 29.9%APR VERY £221.19/ £1825.21 47.9%APR :eek:
  • camz2017
    Options
    My evening is planned to be super relaxing, currently in the bath with the lights dimmed, watching some stuff on my phone. Then got a friend coming over, she gives the best back massages in the world, so I'm going to go into my own little world at around 9PM... Also cooking up some chicken and fly light potato slices to eat in around 30 mins when the baths done with. Will likely eat again with my friend.

Likewise - hope you have a nice evening :) thanks for posting!
  • camz2017
    Options
    Went the gym this AM - Body fat back at 9%, feel so happy :)
    Checking out this Huel shake diet next week, £45 for basically the week of food, hoping to get down to 8% and get the abs really showing before xmas (so I can eat everything I see over christmas lol). The shake diet should keep my grocery spending under control at least.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon cambz,

I sooo agree on the grumpy through lack of food front... and if combined with lack of sleep, then watch out world for I will not be a nice person!! It's when I suffer from the above I realise how many 'filters' I have in place. When tired/grumpy I don't appear to have the energy to maintain said filters and my mouth runs away with me!! I realise I am fairly sarcastic on a good day, so on a bad day everyone notices! lol
    Your evening sounds lovely - I spent mine with a glass or 2 of wine updating meter readings and logging warranties for the new oven AND microwave we had to purchase over the weekend as both went POP! Circuits class tonight. Love my mid-week class; 1 hour of hell! - keeps me level for the rest of the week, or I find I even the littlest things frustrate me and I could literally kill people! :)

Have a great day today!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    edited 29 November 2017 at 5:07PM
    Options
    I NEVER have enough sleep, often get to sleep at 1am and get up at 5am for the gym.

Last christmas we did a secret santa and had to also give an "award" - I got given a piece of card which said something along the lines of "worlds greatest c*nt award," everyone else had nice ones like "best football player." Fab... lol

Good to know I'm not the only one!

My Huel arrives tomorrow, I dipped into my budget for Friday onwards to buy it, but as I'm starting it on Friday that's fine - just needed to get delivery for then... I'm somewhat petrified as I'm such a foodie so only anticipate I will do it for 1 week. It's got 150g of protein if you do it for the whole day, which is good, so I plan to add 1 protein shake at 30g and be done with, basically a full shake week. I bet I am going to be the nastiest piece of work the whole week lol, like I will go to hell just for my behaviour in this 7 day period. BUT if I look good, then fantastic.

I know I don't have the money, so any christmas money I get (prob around £200) + hopefully another £100 I can save up, is going towards me doing a 3/4 day all-inclusive getaway on my own. I've done it a few times, I don't spend anything whilst there, apart from basic essentials like bottled water and just relax on the beach for a few days, switched off from everyone and everything. Post some instagram pics, relax, clear my head. I can usually get something for £250ish off-peak season... Else Imma go mad lol. Anyway, will only be doing that IF I save enough from my weekly budgeting.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My love of sleeping is why I will never make it to the gym at 5am! I have to mentally wrestle myself out of bed to make it to work on time!
    "5 mins more"
    "I really HAVE to get up NOW"
    "Just a couple of minutes more!! I'm sure the traffic wont be bad today"
    "you'll be late!"
    "No I won't - do I have to work today?"
    "Yes I do - now I had better get moving"
    And so on.... anything less than 7 hours in one night and I'm a little frazzled - less than 7 hours for multiple nights and everyone needs to look out!

Ooh, winter sun! I would love that!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Midgetgem82
    Options
    Good luck with the shakes diet. I couldnt do it myself, i know a few people who have done various brands shakes diet and have all dropped weight/fat but failed to keep it off long term and i personally think they are expensive.
    I love to get away on my own. As soon as school holidays arrive my kids go to stay with their dad who lives 4 hours away ( its the only time they see him) i go off in my car travelling, generally cornwall and devon and spend my time mostly alone, relaxing and re-centering myself. These next holidays will be the first time ive attempted this on my new budget so not sure how this will work out for me.
    It's a really good goal to set yourself and something awesome to aim for
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
    [STRIKE]H+M £72.89[/STRIKE] NEXT £319.56 22.9%APR BARCLAY CARD £352.90 26.43%APR ARGOS CARD£38.26/ £698.02 29.9%APR VERY £221.19/ £1825.21 47.9%APR :eek:
  • camz2017
    Options
    7 hours would be lovely, but I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. Women absolutely hate me when I get them up at 5am and kick them out :D

I also have a mental struggle to getting up, but I just tell myself the old nike slogan "just do it" lol.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/18/ac/9a18ac015677382f1c3fbf82b3416696.jpg

Yeah I love going away alone, my own rules. Not for long though but enough to get settled.

&yeah I'm sure I will hate the shakes, but they are full of everything the body needs, and an easy way to calorie control myself. It's less about what I want, more about the end goal. Plus being single now, I need to look good, good looks make women overlook my mean streak :) price wise - it's less than I end up spending on groceries, I can't help myself when it comes to food, end up spending way too much on what I eat, so this will control that a bit too!
  • camz2017
    Options
    Tried some Huel - it's disgusting - you are all going to hear me moan and moan for 7 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport