PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Moorhen001
    Options
    Hi
    My first time, so I am trying for £200. This is food, drink, cleaning & laundry and cat food & litter for Mr B.
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Week one

Ok I’ve got my weeks shop - all adhered to by my meal plan and got £4.14 left out of my £50 this week in case I need a milk or some extra fruit this week!

Hard week to start with it as it’s Half Term but I should have everything I need so as long as I stick to the plan we should be fine! Good luck everyone!
    Living the simple life
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    Hello ☺️

Can I be put down for £400 please. 1-30 November. I'm hoping to come in under this but will be starting to add Christmas bits to the shopping.

Thank you so much
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • trifle-wist
    Options
    Hello,

I lurked last month and am now ready to join for the first time in an official capacity :)

Please may I put myself down for £150 for November, running from 30 October to 30 November? This needs to feed myself and my OH for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eating out comes from a separate budget. I challenged myself to £25 a week in October for 4 weeks and think I might just finish within budget but I do need a big household top-up shop so I expect November to be a bit more pricey, hence the wiggle room.

Good luck everybody! I have enjoyed following your GC exploits.
  • VicVics86
    Options
    Hello,

Can I join in this month please? Although I have lingered for a little while this will be my first time taking part.

Can I be put down for £240 for the month, which will be £60 per week please? This will include all food, toiletries and cleaning for 2 adults, 3 yr old and 9 month old. Im hoping I can squeeze in some Christmas food purchases to put away as well :D

Thank you x
    Nov Grocery challenge - £0/£300
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 October 2017 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people - lots of lovely people and advice on this thread and lots of good advice lodged for posterity in the first couple of posts that zippy carries forward every month. Coxy11 will be along to add your totals to this month's target and Lynnejk maintains the recipes.

My top tip if you want to keep up is to thank as you go, then you can see where you are up to!

We have been living on stores plus dairy and fruit this week but no deprivation here. I suspect I could do this for all of the lead-up from now until Christmas (and should), but it is pay-day tomorrow and I want to buy dried fruit and make Christmas cakes (gifts for other people) this weekend. We'll see.

In reassuring news (for me) I realised there was a problem with my tracking spreadsheet (sorry! - it doesn't need to be that complicated) for the whole year. I have just revisited it and I need to go off and update my signature. I am at 78.56% of my £3000 annual budget after ten months so Christmas is looking promising
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    Hi Folks

I'm in again. I find this thread great for being accountable - its too easy being a singleton to juggle financial pots and never really address where changes can be made. In saying that I came in under budget last month but need to do the same again. I have an unplanned for (large) garage bill, the leccie and gas bills are in, so personal spending and food spending are under tight control.

Good luck to everyone else taking part, I'm going for £60.00 for the month.
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm in for the usual £100 please :) . Have been doing okish for the last few months, but really need to be strict atm...
    Lots of bills recently, plus the dreaded C!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you put me down for £300 please. I managed to do a fair amount of batch cooking last month which should stand me in good stead but I need to start buying a few bit and pieces for C'mas to spread the cost.
  • wannalot
    wannalot Posts: 182 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all

I've been im and out of the GC for the last few months, but can I be included for November with a budget of £130 please? This will run from 26th October to 25th November, and is just for me.

This budget is very doable, as long as I stay away from the dreaded takeaways. I dread to think how much money I have wasted on them over the past few months, and they have helped me put on a lot of weight! I really need to stop this right now.

I've got a money off voucher for Farmfoods to use this weekend. I don't usually shop there, but found the voucher in the paper, and thought it would be handy to stock up on Laundry products and storecupboard staples.

Thanks as always to the thread organisers, and good luck to everyone in November!
    2024 goals
    GC: Jan £160 (annual £1920)
    Savings: save £10K (or move house)
    Health: Lose 3 stone
    Mind: read at least 24 books
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts