Flat stomach without the sit ups!

Need some help and advice please
I need to acheive a flatter stomach after years of beer abuse (and bring my midrift into line with the rwst of my body)and I need your help getting one but without the sit up/crunches.
I simply cant bring myself to go through my arch nemesis of exercises to acheive that ...sorry!
So, can i please ask for any any advice on how I can get flatter tummy?

Thanks as usual
:j

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Why, what's wrong with crunches? Have you tried variations like boat pose and bicycle crunches?

You're not going to get anywhere without hard work!
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Exercise is only part of having a flat stomach you need to be bang on with your nutrition and to reduce your body fat and get lean!

There are all sorts of ways to work your core and abdominals, watch some youtube videos to get some inspiration to mix up your work outs.
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Sit ups are a waste of time for fat loss. No point building up the abdominal strength if you have a layer of flab over the top.

Eat/drink less junk and do some high intensity exercise.
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OOOh If only we could spot train excess flab lol. Trick is work bigger muscle groups so you burn more calories. I see overweight people doing hundreds of sit ups/crunches etc but neglecting the rest. DIet Diet DIet and then diet some more more. Work larger muscle groups Abs are actually very small muscles so killing them in workouts will not actually burn much fat. Work chest back and legs yes squats a lot worse than crunches but far more effective lol.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I agree with the other posters.

No pain no gain!

There really isn't a miracle cure.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    These exercises are done without situps https://www.facebook.com/brightside/videos/1432143333581072/
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Sicard wrote: »
    These exercises are done without situps https://www.facebook.com/brightside/videos/1432143333581072/

What's the 4th exercise mentioned?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ferry wrote: »
    So, can i please ask for any any advice on how I can get flatter tummy?

Eat less food and drink less beer.
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    As others have said I'm afraid it's not good news. Firstly you cannot target fat by specifically exercising that part. Secondly, and more importantly, you could have the biggest best abs in the history of the world and if you have a high body % you will never see them. Flat stomach is solely down to diet (especially in men where the fat is stored in the belly area).

Maybe concentrate on another area that isn't as fat dependent? Go for massive traps or calves
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    Go for a jog? You dont need to do ab exercises.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure