Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    If you can't get there, I reckon that the BoS accounts have the lowest yield per mandate. They're certainly the last I still need to fully cover.
    These are the reward accounts that pay £3 each month (used to be £5). You need 2xDD and a min pay in per month to get it.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    If you can't get there, I reckon that the BoS accounts have the lowest yield per mandate. They're certainly the last I still need to fully cover.
    KTF wrote: »
    These are the reward accounts that pay £3 each month (used to be £5). You need 2xDD and a min pay in per month to get it.

Eh?............
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I use the Tesco current account DD facility to satisfy the requirements of the Halifax/BoS Reward current accounts I have.

When they were first introduced you could have 3 of each although this has since been removed.

I dont know what account polymaff was referring to.
  • HardSpend
    HardSpend Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PayPal on all 6
    Santander e-saver account 1 on 3
    Santander e-saver account 2 on 3
    oh I thought PP had stopped, I've never tried it
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use the Tesco current account DD facility to satisfy the requirements of the Halifax/BoS Reward current accounts I have.

What Tesco current account DD facility?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • polymaff
    Options

I dont know what account polymaff was referring to.

Ditto. What's a BoS Reward current account, then?
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March 2018 at 12:29PM
    Options
    BOS Classic Vantage seam to be paying me around £8 a month.

So that's at least £16 I ain't gonna get next month thanks to Tesco :(

This highlights that I should move my Council tax from S123 to a BOS account.
    My SIM only and broadband may as well be moved too.

I forget what the rate dropped to. Arh 2%
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    I Think I have enough DD's to sub in for the Tesco one's but 2 questions from looking through this thread

1. Do I have to do anything wrt to the existing Tesco DD's or will they just cease automatically ?

2 Did I understand correctly there is a Santander saver account that you can set up DD's to ??
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1. Do I have to do anything wrt to the existing Tesco DD's or will they just cease automatically ?
    Tesco wrote to customers last October (and have had the same info on their website since) saying...
    You'll no longer be able to make regular or one-off Direct Debit payments into your account. Any existing Direct Debits set up on your account will be cancelled. If you've not already cancelled your Direct Debits on 22 April 2018 they will cancel automatically and you won't be able to set up any new ones.
    2 Did I understand correctly there is a Santander saver account that you can set up DD's to ??
    I think it's a legacy feature of their eSaver, and no longer available to new customers/accounts.
  • polymaff
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    BOS Classic Vantage seam to be paying me around £8 a month.

In evaluating the value returned versus need for DD mandates, Andy, you've got to compare like with like. In this case, as you say, around £8 per month, versus what that cash could earn in a no-strings, easy access saver. On that basis, the value returned is much less - typically £1 per mandate.

Which is why I wrote "I reckon that the BoS accounts have the lowest yield per mandate"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure