Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ortolickus wrote: »
    Not all of us - i'm still waiting for an email or a letter.

Unfortunately I suspect the chances of you being the one and only customer permitted to retain their Tesco savings DD's is low :(

Hopefully you aren't waiting to get the letter before at least planning some alternatives. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • vixen1500
    vixen1500 Posts: 644 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mikebh50 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a flexdirect account and you don't need any D/D just pay in £1000 a month.

Mike

Thanks, that's 4 less DDs to find as we have single accounts with them,

seems we where lucky to get them as we previously had a joint account with them and they have now stopped you reapplying for the 5%
    Typically confused and asking for advice
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ortolickus wrote: »
    Not all of us - i'm still waiting for an email or a letter.

Its in the terms and conditions you probably binned last October, just taking a guess :-P...

Get planning don't wait for a email or letter its already been sent.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    So if you are with them to the end, after 31st March wind those late-in-the-month Tesco DDs back to pre-22/04/18 - just to get that last bite of the cherry :rotfl:

(a bit more complicated with Santander - but who wastes monthly DDs on Santander?)

Thanks for this polymaff - I've just amended mine from the 27th to the 16th.

I'm almost certain I've got them all covered with 'new' ones for April, but worth amending 'just in case'.
  • parker1982
    parker1982 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I finally finished sorting out my DD's yesterday.

The end result is I'll be losing the £36 reward from the Halifax Reward current account as this is the account that provided the lowest amount of return.

I could have kept it if I'd have created further DD's such as a local credit union, credit cards, lottery, xmas gift cards etc but for such a small reward and the need to deal with more online accounts / emails / paperwork I'm happier to just lose the £36/year at present. Not very MSE of me I know.

Thinking about April 2019, I'm expecting Tesco to require 3 DD's for those of us that hold their current accounts before 1st April 2017. That will be a further 6 DD's needed. At least I have a year to deal with that though.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where do you have that info from? And why 3 not 2 DD's like other banks
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Where do you have that info from? And why 3 not 2 DD's like other banks

For new current account applications Tesco require 3 DD's.

https://www.tescobank.com/current-accounts/

Accounts already open when this condition was added are exempt. 3% Interest rate is guaranteed until April 2019.

Whilst I hope this exemption won't be removed it wouldn't surprise me if Tesco make major changes to their current account conditions after April 2019
  • youngretired
    Options
    Tesco's introduced the 3 DD's when they guaranteed the 3% till April 19 for customers. They made new customers have 3 DD's excluding any of their own savings DD's. Parker1982 is expecting that Tesco's might make this mandatory for all customers after April 19.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    Options
    parker1982 wrote: »
    ... I'll be losing the £36 reward from the Halifax Reward current account as this is the account that provided the lowest amount of return

Most will find that the BoS Classic with Vantage yield per mandate is less than the Halifax Reward
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    Options
    If Tesco do that we will have much less than a year to sort, as I doubt they will give a years notice.

Still, my two cents is that a rate cut is more likely. They guarantee the rate until 2019, so logically the rate will change after that. Though a year is a long time and they could just change the whole product.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure