Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    milton1970 wrote: »
    Guess most are at the point where incentive payments are due - is the payment due 62 days from opening or 62 from date of switching ? Assuming all criteria met obviously
    Neither, the payment is to be made within 70 days of switching according to terms quoted earlier in the thread - the 62/63 days related to the timescale within which the second £1K needed to be credited....
  • originator
    Options
    I counted the day after switch as day 1 and my incentive arrived on day 63.Having said that,my son has not had his yet and he chose a switching date a week after mine so hoped it would be there boxing day.He rang the B team yesterday and was told it should be there by day 70.
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cant wait to get my bonus then close the accounts. Its rubbish. I wanted to increase the amount of a standing order by £20 and they've told me to do so I need a security token which will be sent through the post. What a load of tosh. Thanks for the £500 B-Bank and goodbye.
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cant wait to get my bonus then close the accounts. Its rubbish. I wanted to increase the amount of a standing order by £20 and they've told me to do so I need a security token which will be sent through the post. What a load of tosh. Thanks for the £500 B-Bank and goodbye.

I've got a security token. It only took overnight in the post to arrive, but haven't needed it even to transfer over £1000 out of the account.

I won't be using it as a main account either. In common with some others here, I have had a direct debit just disappear from my account. Imagine if that was your mortgage or rent payment, or something equally important? No confidence at all.:sad:
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi
    is this still available online ,have looked but not found anything
    Nice to save.
  • macdady29
    macdady29 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    hi

It finished in November unfortunately.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

You and us too.

I suspect that loads of people will be doing the same, and that YB/Clydesdale won't be repeating the exercise any time soon when they realise how much the whole campaign has cost them.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I have had a direct debit just disappear from my account. Imagine if that was your mortgage or rent payment, or something equally important? No confidence at all.:sad:

I'd be interested to know if all the DDs that disappeared were Tesco ones. (Mine was)
    The DDs are set up externally so it isn't the fault of YB surely- it's the fault of the organisation requesting the payment.....
    The charity DD has paid out twice with no probs
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi

Last we heard, which was a while ago, it was still available in Birmingham....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    I suspect...that YB/Clydesdale won't be repeating the exercise any time soon when they realise how much the whole campaign has cost them.
    I wouldn't bet on it. After all, they've been fleeced before back in late 2014/early 2015...and I'd wager that offering cost them a lot more than this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure