IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP NEEDED! Received County Court Claim Mail Sent to Wrong Address

Options
1234568»

Comments

• JM0809198
    JM0809198 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Recieved the following from gladstones.

In accordance with CPR 27.9 our Client hereby gives notice that it will not be attending the hearing.

Please note, our Client is unable to attend the above mentioned hearing and we have kindly requested that their attendance be excused and the hearing conducted in their absence pursuant to CPR 27.9.

We confirm the court has been informed and that we have asked the Court to decide the claim in our Client's absence based on the evidence submitted.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We've hardly ever seen a PPC rock up at court to appear in front of a Judge (answers on a postcard!), so this notification is part of a predictable pattern. But while the PPC (their client) won't be there for you to question, don't be surprised if a gun-for-hire legal turns up.

You should express your concern to the Judge at the start of the hearing that the PPC's absence denies you the opportunity to raise questions about their evidence. You might want to prepare a list of 'tricky' questions that you would have raised that you could hand to the Judge for him/her to read. He/she might use that to grill any legal rep who appears.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think this is the latest modus operandi of Gladstones. They know many consumers are often so clueless and scared that G's can save the money, send no-one, and still win some cases.

IamEmanresu has posted about this recently.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How did this one go?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    JM0809198 wrote: »
    Recieved the following from gladstones.

In accordance with CPR 27.9 our Client hereby gives notice that it will not be attending the hearing.

Please note, our Client is unable to attend the above mentioned hearing and we have kindly requested that their attendance be excused and the hearing conducted in their absence pursuant to CPR 27.9.

We confirm the court has been informed and that we have asked the Court to decide the claim in our Client's absence based on the evidence submitted.
    If you have not had your hearing yet, make sure YOU rock up, in good time!

:D
  • JM0809198
    JM0809198 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi people,

Apologies for the late response but I've been very busy and forgot about this thread.

My court hearing was stood down from the lists and will be relisted for a trial sometime in the near future. It's been almost 4 months since the date it was scheduled to go head!

In the meanwhile I received another ticket in the same location for not having a permit on display, although it was on my dash board albeit a bit further back from the windscreen, you can see the shape of the permit in the pictures that they took!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Absolute scammers, the lot of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure