M&S Sale

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    I did take my sale stuff back on Sunday and wondered for 2 hours before the closure but they did not put them back to where the sale items are. And on Sunday was suppose to be the last day of this sale. Half an hour before the shop closure they were reducing all the last few left to 29p but no my returned stuff.
    So weren't you happy with the sale price you actually paid for the items?
    Just curious why you bought them in the first place.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I did take my sale stuff back on Sunday and wondered for 2 hours before the closure but they did not put them back to where the sale items are. And on Sunday was suppose to be the last day of this sale. Half an hour before the shop closure they were reducing all the last few left to 29p but no my returned stuff.

I think they've grown wise to that trick over the years. I've never known them put returned items out the same day.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So weren't you happy with the sale price you actually paid for the items?
    Just curious why you bought them in the first place.

No I was quite happy to but that at that 60% off price but was hoping to get it cheaper at the 90% off price if I could.
  • kiwi07
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I think they've grown wise to that trick over the years. I've never known them put returned items out the same day.

So obviously with the Sunday being the last sale date and them not putting the item back on that day, what are they going to do with it?
    I guess the sale has completely ended?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    No I was quite happy to but that at that 60% off price but was hoping to get it cheaper at the 90% off price if I could.
    So you bought stuff you wanted at a price you were happy with but took them back just in case you could re-buy them at a cheaper price?
    And ended up losing them altogether after wandering about for 2 hours hoping they'd come back out at 90% reduction and you could be right there to grab them before anyone else did. :huh:

It might just be me but this sounds bonkers.
  • kiwi07
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So you bought stuff you wanted at a price you were happy with but took them back just in case you could re-buy them at a cheaper price?
    And ended up losing them altogether after wandering about for 2 hours hoping they'd come back out at 90% reduction and you could be right there to grab them before anyone else did. :huh:

It might just be me but this sounds bonkers.

I still managed to buy the same top at the 90% sale but size smaller just in case so not completely lost.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So obviously with the Sunday being the last sale date and them not putting the item back on that day, what are they going to do with it?
    I guess the sale has completely ended?

I wouldn't make a special journey, but it's still possible that they'll be put out again today (sale or no sale) just to get rid of them.

What normally happens is that returned goods are relabelled if necessary and put out again the following morning.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I'd imagine it goes to their outlet stores after that. Or, my local gives everything that's left to the nearest Oxfam. Although you'll end up paying more in Oxfam than the items were at 90% off! LOL

I don't understand why you took them back. Fair enough, I've ordered stuff online and then managed to find it cheaper in-store and taken one lot back. But that's only when I have the exact same items in my hand, at the cheaper price.

I consider anything at 90% off to be very, very good luck. It's mostly tat and odd sizes by that point. I'm happy to buy at 70% or greater and as others have said, if you really wanted the items, you'd have kept them. I'd take that as a good lesson. Sale shopping is only worthwhile if they are items you actually need!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    I still managed to buy the same top at the 90% sale but size smaller just in case so not completely lost.

Buying clothing in the wrong size is a false economy, whatever the price.
  • MissLizzie
    Options
    I thought this forum was to discuss bargains? This thread just seems to have turned into telling one person they have been bonkers.

That to me is the bonkers thing :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport