M&S Sale

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I've actually bought quite a few things in store and also ordered 4 items to collect from store - including a pair of oxblood patent leather brogues reduced from over £40 to £15.

Very unlike me as I'm not a usual M&S shopper.
    Very upset. :(
    One of the items I ordered was a pair of 'jewelled' nude leather sandals for my holidays, reduced from (I think) £29.50 to £8.00.
    They fit perfectly, the insole is padded and the straps are in exactly the right place for my feet. :j
    But......one of the straps is coming unstitched so they have to go back.
    And they are now out of stock.

I bought a bikini top - I have a bikini in the same colour & pattern but different style - and managed to find a matching pair of bottoms (again a different style to the pair I already have) in store for £3.00..

The oxblood shoes are fab!
    Very edgy, look great with opaque tights and jeggings - a bit Dr Marten-ish.
  • babymt
    babymt Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Particularly good sale online on men's big and tall. Got my husband a 150 quid suit for 40 and lots of trousers for £3-£6
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know when they will be reducing the clearance stuff further?
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Las time I'm not even sure they did further reductions after 60% off online, so this might be it.
    I read an article recently where they said they're trying to do away with the very heavy reductions.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Very upset. :(
    One of the items I ordered was a pair of 'jewelled' nude leather sandals for my holidays, reduced from (I think) £29.50 to £8.00.
    They fit perfectly, the insole is padded and the straps are in exactly the right place for my feet. :j
    But......one of the straps is coming unstitched so they have to go back.
    And they are now out of stock.

I bought a bikini top - I have a bikini in the same colour & pattern but different style - and managed to find a matching pair of bottoms (again a different style to the pair I already have) in store for £3.00..

The oxblood shoes are fab!
    Very edgy, look great with opaque tights and jeggings - a bit Dr Marten-ish.

Why don't you take the shoes to your local cobbler who will probably be able to stitch them for a few pounds?
  • Pollycat
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    Why don't you take the shoes to your local cobbler who will probably be able to stitch them for a few pounds?
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's not just a case of the straps coming unstitched, the strap is actually broken right where it joins the top part of the sandal. I think one wear would snap the strap.
    I initially thought it was glue but on further inspection the sandal is definitely faulty. :(
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    Some of the stuff in our M&S was definitely reduced by more than 60% when I popped in yesterday.
    Not sure about online.
    I ordered some trousers that had been £27.50 but £8.00 in the sale so that was more than 60% anyway,
    They were on the rail yesterday at less than £8 but I can't remember the exact price.
  • savethepandas
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »

Got an email from M&S on Saturday morning, and the last item stated that the online sale had gone to 70% off.

Was in the Guildford store in the afternoon and still promoting 60% off in the window and on the double height racks, although some items had more that 70% off, but (of the items I looked at) the online stock were definitely cheaper. Instore sale stickers were still white not yellow.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks but not everything reduced for more than 60% yet. That is why I want to know about next markdowns.
  • kellybells
    Options
    The sale has finished online. Does anyone know whether it is still continuing in store?
  • Pollycat
    Options
    There was a load of sale stuff in various places - ladies, mens, shoes & lingerie - in my local M&S this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure